One of the leading singers in the world, Robyn Rihanna Fenty commonly as just Rihanna, was born on February 20, 1988 in Saint Michael, Barbados. She was born to a warehouse supervisor Ronald Fenty and accountant Monica Braithwaite. Rihanna got interested in music at very early age and started singing at the age of just seven.
Her professional career started when she met with music producer Evan Rogers who saw potential in Rihanna and recorded a few demo tapes of her which were later sent to various record labels including Def Jam Recordings. The famous rapper Jay-Z was the CEO of the company at that time and after auditioning Rihanna, he got really impressed and immediately signed Rihanna. Her debut album “Music of the Sun” was released in 2005 which became quite successful worldwide and Rihanna received a lot of praise for her work. The career defining success of Rihanna came in 2007 through her single “Umbrella”. The song reached at top position on many music charts and established her as a prominent singer in the industry.
Since the immense success of Umbrella, Rihanna has kept giving a hit after hit songs. Many of her singles such as “Disturbia”, “We found love”, “Umbrella”, “Stay” and “S&M” are ranked among the highest selling singles in the world of all time. During her singing career, Rihanna has also collaborated with various artists like Jay-Z, Eminem and Kanye West for different songs. For her outstanding work throughout the career, Rihanna has received numerous awards till now including 7 Grammy Awards.
Along with singing, Rihanna has also entered in the field of fashion and acting. She has collaborated with various fashion brands over the years and also made her film debut in 2012 through “Battleship”. The iconic singer has also been doing some philanthropic work and has also established “Believe Foundation” in 2006 for terminally ill children.
Rihanna used to be in a relationship with singer Chris Brown but the couple split during 2009. In December 2009, Rihanna started dating baseball star Matt Kemp and the relationship continued till 2010. During 2012, speculations about her reunion with old boyfriend Chris Brown came into media highlight but the news of their breakup was confirmed in 2013.
Rihanna Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- Nicknames: RiRi, Caribbean Queen, The Barbados Babe, Rihanna
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Fashion designer, Actress
- Date of Birth: February 20, 1988
- Birthplace: Saint Michael, Barbados
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Net worth: $90 million
Rihanna Favorite Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Singing, Shopping, Dancing, Listening to Music
- Favorite Color: Black, Green
- Favorite Food: Callaloo
- Favorite Dessert: Chocolate ice cream, Cheesecake
- Favorite Drink: Vodka, Cocktail
- Favorite Perfume: ROGUE by Rihanna
- Favorite Music: Madonna, Beyoncé, Bob Marley, Mariah Carey
- Favorite Movie: Napoleon Dynamite
- Favorite TV Show: Entourage
- Favorite Actress: Jessica Alba
- Favorite Designer: Zac Posen
- Favorite Restaurant: Giorgio Baldi
- Favorite Sports: Soccer
- Favorite Pet: Dog
Rihanna Interesting Facts:
- Used to sell clothing at a street stall with her father.
- She didn’t used to get along very well with other girls and her teachers in high school.
- Rihanna has two younger brothers Rajad and Rorrey.