Angela Bassett is an American actress, activist, and director. She was born in New York City and was raised in Harlem. She has one younger sister and they both were raised by their civil servant mother in Florida after their parents got divorced. As for her educational background, Bassett attended Boca Ciega High School, where she remained a member of the debate club and student management among other activities. After that, she received a B.A degree from Yale University and an M.F.A degree from Yale School of Drama. To meet her financial needs during this time period, she first worked as a receptionist and as a photo assistant. Soon after that, she started looking for acting in theatre, and from 1984-86, she appeared in ‘Black Girl’, ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’ and Joe Turner’s Come and Gone’ plays. Bassett became notable for her biopic performances like ‘What’s Love Got to Do with it’, for which she got widespread recognition and won Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. Her more biopic role performances have come in films like Malcolm X, Panther, The Jacksons: An American Dream, Notorious, and Betty & Coretta.
Over the course of her career, she has starred in numerous hit movies, some of which are Boyz n the Hood, Waiting to Exhale, Contact, Olympus Has Fallen, London Has Fallen, Black Panther, and Avengers: End Game. In 2018, Bassett stepped into the field of production through drama series 9-1-1. Her other endeavors include an active representation of UNICEF for the United States of America. Lastly, coming towards her personal life, Bassett has always been portrayed as smart and a strong woman. In 1997, Bassett married actor Courtney B. Vance and the couple has twins, a son and a daughter.
Angela Bassett Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Angela Evelyn Bassett
- Nicknames: Angela
- Date of Birth: August 16, 1958
- Birthplace: New York, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress, Activist
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Religion: Christianity
- Race/ Ethnicity: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Angela Bassett Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
Angela Bassett Family Details:
- Father: Daniel Benjamin Bassett
- Mother: Betty Jane (Social Worker)
- Siblings: D’nette Bassett (Younger Sister)
- Spouse Name: Courtney B. Vance (m. 1997)
- Children Name: Bronwyn Vance, Slater Vance
Angela Bassett Relationships History:
- Courtney B. Vance (1997-Present) – Actor
Angela Bassett Career Highlights:
- First Film: F/X (1986)
- First TV Show: Search For Tomorrow (1985)
Angela Bassett Distinctive Features:
- Wide Smile
- High Cheekbones
Angela Bassett Body Measurements:
The following are the complete American actress Angela Bassett height, weight, bra cup, shoe size, and other body measurements details.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 4″
- Height in Centimeters: 163 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 61 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 134 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Angela Bassett Interesting Facts:
- In 2008, she received a star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She was born on the same day as the renowned singer Madonna.
- Angela turned down the role in hit film Monster’s Ball which later went to Halle Berry and she won an Oscar for that performance.