One of the best-selling artists of all time, Shawn Corey Carter, widely famous by his stage name Jay Z, is an American record producer, rapper, and entrepreneur. Born on December 4, 1969, Jay Z gained initial recognition through his work with rapper Jaz-O after which he earned wider international fame with the release of his debut album “Reasonable Doubts” in 1996. This was followed up by a couple of more albums over the next few years but it was his 2001 album The Blueprint that proved to be extremely successful both commercially and critically as well, laying the foundation of rapper’s successful career in the coming years. Since then, Jay Z has released a number of more albums like The Black Album, American Gangster, The Blueprint 3 and Magna Carta Holy Grail that have been highly successful and established him one of the highest-selling artists of the world. In addition to his own rapping career, Jay Z is also a record producer having served as the president of Def Jam Recordings in the past while also founding the Roc-A-Fella Records and Roc Nation. Along with this, he has also invested in several more business ventures such as clothing line Rocawear, sports agency Roc Nation Sports and 40/40 club. As far as his personal life is concerned, Jay Z first met singer Beyonce Knowles in 2002 and the couple began dating after some time, eventually marrying in 2008.
Jay Z Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Shawn Corey Carter
- Nicknames: Jay-Z, Jazzy, Joe Camel, Jiggaman
- Occupation: Rapper, Entrepreneur, Music Producer
- Date of Birth: December 4, 1969
- Birthplace: Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Jay Z Family Details:
- Father: Adnes Reeves
- Mother: Gloria Carter
- Siblings: Eric Carter (Older Brother), Michelle Carter and Andrea Carter (Sisters)
- Spouse: Beyoncé (m. 2008)
- Children: Blue Ivy Carter
Jay Z Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Reasonable Doubt (1996)
- First Film: Streets Is Watching (1998)
Jay Z Body Measurements:
The rapper Jay Z body measurements complete information is given below including his height, weight, chest, waist, biceps, and shoe size.
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 187 cm
- Weight in Kilograms: 83 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 183 pounds
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Chest Size: 44 inches
- Waist Size: 35 inches
- Arms / Biceps Size: 15 inches
Jay Z Interesting Facts:
- He selected the stage name Jay Z after his musical mentor Jaz-O.
- When 12, the rapper shot his brother for stealing his jewelry.
- In early days of his career, no major record label was signing him and Jay Z used to sell CDs out of his own car.