Shakira is a extremely popular Colombian singer, model and dancer who was born on February 2, 1977 in Colombia. Her father was Lebanese whereas, mother belongs to Colombia. Shakira was interested in music from her babyhood. She composed her first song at the age of 8 only and released her debut album at the age of 13. Afterwards, success became her fate because of her melodious and sharp voice. Her first two albums did great business all over the world. In 1996, her album named, “Pies Descalzos” got released and almost 3 million copies were sold. She did singing in different languages like Arabic, Latin, Spanish and English. In 2000, Shakira won her first Grammy Award for best Latin pop singer. Her voice made her a superstar in a very short time period. She got worldwide fame for her shaking belly dance and powerful vocals.
In 1997, Shakira moved to Florida with her family and started writing English songs. She attempted to sing songs in English to get popularity in US as well. Her efforts got recognition, when she performed her first English song in 2001. Shakira released her first English album named, “Laundry Service” which made her prominent a star in United States. Her album got third position on the chart and almost 200,000 copies of the album were sold. Famous songs from her first English album were “Wherever” and “Underneath Your Clothes”.
After that, Shakira released her consecutive two albums in 2007 and 2008. Her album named, “Oral fixation” got huge praise from audience. “She Wolf” was another hit song by Shakira released in 2009. Another hit by Shakira named, “Waka Waka” in 2010 made her renowned icon all over the world. She performed this song for FIFA as a theme song and was highly appreciated by her fans. In short, Shakira’s musical career has kept growing over the years and now she is booming superstar of 21st century.
Shakira has also released songs with other singers like Usher and Beyonce Knowles that have received huge admiration from everyone. In 2012, she was selected as a NBC judge for a singing competition show named, “The Voice”. Beside her musical career, she opened a foundation for deserving kids in Colombia. She is also a goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF. Talking about her marital life, Shakira fell in love with Spanish soccer player Gerard Piqué while shooting for her FIFA theme song “WAKA WAKA” and the couple welcomed their first child in 2013. The couple named their son “Milan” which means pious, loving and dear.
Shakira Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
- Nicknames: Shaki
- Occupation: Singer, Dancer
- Date of Birth: February 02, 1977
- Birthplace: Barranquilla, Colombia
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 5′ 2″ (1.57 m)
- Net worth: $220 Million
Shakira Favorite Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Horse Riding, Painting, Reading, Watching Movies, Listening Music
- Favorite Color: Black
- Favorite Food: Mojarra fried with patacon, Arabian food, Seafood
- Favorite Fruit: Mango
- Favorite Book: “The Prophet” by Khalil Gibran
- Favorite Perfume: S by Shakira, Issey Miyake Perfumes
- Favorite Music: The Police, John Lennon, U2
- Favorite Song: “With or Without You” by U2
- Favorite Movies: Horror
- Favorite Actor: Hugh Grant
- Favorite Sports: Basketball, Golf, Swimming, Tennis
- Favorite Flower: Daisy and Sunflower
- Favorite Pet: Dog, Bunnies
Shakira Interesting Facts:
- Her name Shakira is Arabic for “grateful or full of grace.”
- Shakira is fluent in Portuguese, English, Italian, Arabic and Spanish.
- She and her husband Gerard Piqué share the same birthday.
- Shakira is 10 years older than her husband.
- She doesn’t likes to drink alcohol and coffee.