The American recording artist, dancer, author, model, actress and television personality, Melanie Janine Brown was born o May 29, 1975. Widely known as Mel B, she first rose to fame as the part of the girl group Spice Girls. The group first released their debut single “Wannabe” in 1996 which was followed by their first album titled “Spice” later that year. The album gained huge commercial success as well as critical acclaim, providing huge amount of success and fame to the group right from the beginning. Together, the Spice Girls released total three albums, all of which were highly successful making them the highest selling female group of all time. Along with Spice Girls, Melanie B also started her solo career with the single “I Want You Back” after which her debut solo album “Hot” was released in 2000 and the second album L.A. State “of Mind” during 2005, both of which met commercial success. In addition to music, Mel B has kept most of her focus towards television projects during the recent years. She has worked as presenter on shows like Top of the Peops and Party in the Park, participated in the dance competition Dancing with the Stars as a contestant, served as a judge for the Australian version of The X Factor and co-hosted the Dancing with the Stars Australia along with several more projects. Along with this, she has also ventured into the field of acting, having made appearance in several films and television shows. As far as the personal life of her is concerned, Melanie Brown was married to dancer Jimmy Gulzar from 1998 to 2000 after which she had a relationship with actor Eddie Murphy. She now has been married to film producer Stephen Belafonte since June 2007.
Melanie Brown Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Melanie Janine Brown
- Nicknames: Mel B, Scary Spice
- Date of Birth: May 29, 1975
- Birthplace: Harehills, Leeds, Yorkshire, England
- Occupation: Singer, Actress, Dancer, Model, TV Personality, Author
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Melanie Brown Family Details:
- Father: Martin Brown
- Mother: Andrea Brown
- Siblings: Danielle Brown
- Spouse: Stephen Belafonte (m. 2007), Jimmy Gulzar (m. 1998–2000)
- Children: Madison Brown Belafonte, Angel Iris Murphy Brown, Phoenix Chi Gulzar
Melanie Brown Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Hot
- First Film: Spice World
- First TV Show: Coronation Street
Melanie Brown Body Measurements:
Take a look at complete singer Melanie Brown body measurements including her weight, height, dress, bra and shoe size.
- Height: 5′ 5″ (165 cm)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 pounds)
- Bra Size: 34D
- Shoe Size:5 (US)
- Dress Size: 8 (US)
- Body Measurements: 38-26-36
Melanie Brown Interesting Facts:
- The singer has three daughters and all of them have different fathers.
- Melanie Brown remained in a relationship with a woman for around four years.
- The name Mel B was used to distinguish her from her Spice Girls band member Melanie Chisholm.