Kate Elizabeth Winslet is an English actress and singer born on 5th October 1975. Kate started her career from television but her debut in film industry was from a movie named Heavenly Creatures in 1994. Winslet achieved fame and worldwide recognition from the film Titanic which become the highest grossing movie of that time. Subsequently, Kate worked in several hit movies including Iris, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Little Children, Revolutionary Road, The Reader, The Holiday, Flushed Away, Divergent and Insurgent. Most of them gave her commercial success and critical acclaim. Winslet won several awards as an actress including Academy Award, Emmy Award, three Golden Globe Awards, BAFTA Awards and the Screen Actors Guild Award.
Besides acting, Kate has also narrated documentaries and children’s books and as well received the Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children. In addition to that, she was also awarded the YO Dona award for best Humanitarian Work with the Golden Hat Foundation. Kate Winslet divorced twice from the film directors Jim Threapleton and Sam Mendes, and now married to a businessman named Ned Rocknroll. She has three children’s from them.
Kate Winslet Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Kate Elizabeth Winslet
- Nicknames: The English Rose, Kate
- Date of Birth: October 5, 1975
- Birthplace: Reading, Berkshire, England
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
Kate Winslet Family Details:
- Father: Roger Winslet
- Mother: Sally Bridges-Winslet
- Siblings: Beth Winslet, Anna Winslet, Joss Winslet
- Spouse: Ned Rocknroll (m. 2012), Sam Mendes (m. 2003–2010), Jim Threapleton (m. 1998–2001)
- Children: Mia Honey Threapleton, Bear Blaze Winslet, Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes
Kate Winslet Career Highlights:
- First TV Show: Dark Season
- First Film: Heavenly Creatures
Kate Winslet Body Measurements:
- Height: 5′ 7″ (1.69 m)
- Weight: 63 kg or 139 pounds
- Bra Size: 34C
- Shoe Size: 11
- Body Measurements: 37-26-36
Kate Winslet Interesting Facts:
- Kate missed the premiere of the movie Titanic to attend the funeral of a close friend.
- Both of her sisters, Anna and Beth are also actresses.
- The actress prefers to wear boots as she feels more comfortable in them while moving around.