Daddy Yankee was born on 3rd February 1977 in Rio Piedras. He is a singer, rapper, record producer and also an actor. He is the one who introduced the word Reggaeton to describe the new type of music from Puerto Rico in 1994 and is recognized as the “King of Reggaeton” which indicates the significance of his contributions to this genre. Ayala wanted to be a baseball player, he tried to join the Major League Baseball (MLB). He was shot by the rifle in his leg before he officially joined the league and then spent more than one year recovering from the wound and that’s when he placed all his focus on a music career. Yankee officially started his career as a singer in 1991 and released his first hit single “Gasolina” in 1994 which gave him worldwide recognition of his musical career. He then went on to sell over 20 million records which makes him one of the best-selling artists in Latin history.
His official first studio project as a solo artist “No Mercy” was released in 1995. His album ‘Barrio Fino” breaks the record and became the top-selling album of the decade. In his early days, he also followed a rap style and soon became a traditional rapper. In 2017, he collaborated with Latin singer Luis Fonsi for the single “Despacito” which turned out to be a global hit. The music video of the song received over a billion views on YouTube and become the most-watched video in YouTube history ever.
Over the course of his career, Daddy Yankee has won multiple prestigious awards, some of which are Latin Grammy Awards, Billboard Music Awards, and Latin American Music Awards. He also signed contracts with many firms outside of his music career, he signed a deal with Reebok to produce accessories and starts clothing line DY in 2006. In 2007, he worked for Pepsi in their advertisement. He has done some work in the films as an actor and a producer too. Lastly, moving toward his personal life, he married Maria Celeste Arraras at the age of 17 and now the couple has three children together, including one son and two daughters.
Daddy Yankee Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Ramón Luis Ayala Rodríguez
- Nicknames: Daddy Yankee, The Big Boss, El Cangri
- Date of Birth: February 3, 1977
- Birthplace: San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Nationality: Puerto Rican
- Occupation: Singer, Actor, Rapper
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Religion: Christian
- Race/ Ethnicity: Multiracial
- Eye Color: Light Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Daddy Yankee Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
Daddy Yankee Family Details:
- Father: Ramon Ayala
- Mother: Rosa Rodriguez
- Siblings: Nomar Ayala and Melvin Ayala (Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Mireddys González (m. 1994)
- Children Name: Jeremy Ayala González (Son), Yamilet Ayala González and Jesaeelys Ayala González (Daughters)
Daddy Yankee Relationships History:
- Paula DeAnda – Singer
- Mirredys Gonzalez Ayala (1994-Present)
Daddy Yankee Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: No Mercy (1995)
- First Film: Vampiros (2004)
- First TV Show: Punk’d (2005)
Daddy Yankee Distinctive Features:
- Short Hair
- Typical Latino-American looks
- Often wears sunglasses and hats while performing
Daddy Yankee Body Measurements:
Renowned singer Daddy Yankee height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete information is listed below.
- Build: Athletic
- Height in Feet: 5’ 7”
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 79 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 174 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
Daddy Yankee Interesting Facts:
- Daddy Yankee was just 17 years old when his first child was born.
- His major musical influences include Michael Jackson, Sean Combs, Bon Jovi, Nas, and Big Daddy Kane.
- He is widely recognized as the “King of Reggaeton” because of his huge contributions to making the music genre popular worldwide.
- While growing up, he aspired to become a professional baseball player but while recovering from a bullet wound, he placed full-time focus on music and ended-up gaining success in it.