Zozibini Tunzi started her professional career as a model and after receiving a lot of appreciation for her looks, she went into pageantry. The first major pageant in which she entered was the Miss South Africa 2017 where she finished among the top 26 contestants. Encouraged from her last performance, Zozibini once again returned to the Miss South Africa pageant in 2019 and this time, she finished as the winner. With the Miss South Africa 2019 crown on her head, she earned the right to represent her country at that year’s Miss Universe beauty pageant. After consistently impressive performances throughout the competition, Tunzi was crowned Miss Universe 2019 by outgoing titleholder Catriona Gray while Madison Anderson and Sofia Aragon finished as first and second runner-ups respectively. With that victory, she has now become the only third Miss Universe from South Africa and the first-ever to win the title with afro-textured hair.
Zozibini Tunzi Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Zozibini Tunzi
- Nicknames: Zozi
- Date of Birth: September 18, 1993
- Birthplace: Tsolo, South Africa
- Nationality: South African
- Occupation: Model, Beauty Pageant Titleholder
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Religion: Christianity
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Zozibini Tunzi Body Measurements Height Weight Facts
Zozibini Tunzi Family Details:
- Father: Lungisa Tunzi (Works at the Department of Higher Education)
- Mother: Philiswa Nadapu (School Principle)
- Siblings: She has three sisters.
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: None
Zozibini Tunzi Relationships History:
- She hasn’t dated anyone since coming into the limelight.
Zozibini Tunzi Career Highlights:
- Miss South Africa 2017: Reached Top 26
- Miss South Africa 2019: Winner
- Miss Universe 2019: Winner
Zozibini Tunzi Distinctive Features:
- Short, Afro-textured Hair
Zozibini Tunzi Body Measurements:
Listed below are the complete Miss Universe 2019 Zozibini Tunzi measurements, including her weight, height, bust, waist, hip, bra cup, and shoe size.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5’ 10”
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 53 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 117 pounds
- Bra Size: 32B
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Body Measurements: 34-26-35
Zozibini Tunzi Interesting Facts:
- Zozibini is afraid of heights.
- Along with English, she can speak her native Xhosa language as well.
- While taking part in the Miss Universe 2019 pageant, many people suggested that she should wear a wig but Tunzi maintained her natural short hair.
- She is the third-ever South African woman to be crowned Miss Universe, with Margaret Gardiner (1978) and Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (2017) being the other two.