The American model, television host and actress, Tika Sumpter was born on June 20, 1980. Her professional career began as a model after which she soon rose to fame as the co-host of reality television series “Best Friend’s Date” during 2004. The big break of Tika’s acting career came in 2005 when she was cast for the role of Layla Williamson in the long-running television series One Life to Live after which she has gone on to appear in a number of more TV shows like Gossip Girl, The Game, Being Mary Jane and The Haves and the Have Nots. She made her big screen debut with an uncredited role in Brooklyn’s Finest but it was her lead female role in film Stomp the Yard: Homecoming (2010) that earned her the initial recognition in the film industry. Following this, the actress has landed role in several more movies so far such as Think Like a Man, Ride Along, Sparkle, Get On Up and Ride Along 2. While when it comes to her off-camera life, Tika Sumpter remained married to actor Hosea Chanchez from 2009 to 2012.
Tika Sumpter Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Euphemia L. Sumpter
- Nicknames: Tika Sumpter
- Date of Birth: June 20, 1980
- Birthplace: Queens, New York, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress, Model
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Tika Sumpter Family Details:
- Father: Arthur Curtis Sumpter, Sr.
- Mother: Janice Acquista
- Siblings: N/a
- Spouse: Hosea Chanchez (m. 2009–2012)
- Children: None
Tika Sumpter Career Highlights:
- First Film: Brooklyn’s Finest (2009)
- First TV Show: Best Friend’s Date (2004)
Tika Sumpter Body Measurements:
Complete actress Tika Sumpter body measurements information is given below including her weight, height, bra, dress and shoe size.
- Height: 5′ 7″ (170 cm)
- Weight: 55 kg (121 pounds)
- Bra Size: 32B
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Body Measurements: 34-24-34
Tika Sumpter Interesting Facts:
- Prior to gaining success as a actress, Tika also worked as a waitress.
- Tika Sumpter was the first African-American cheerleader at her high school.
- The actress majored in communications from Marymount Manhattan College.