Born on January 11, 1971, Mary Jane Blige is an American singer, songwriter, actress, model and record producer. She decided to pursue her career as a musician and became a background singer in 1989. In 1992, Mary released her debut album called What’s the 411 which received a big success and critical acclaim. Many singles of this album received a special place in R&B singles chart including You Remind Me and Real Love. After wards, Blige released numerous albums such as My Life, Love & Life and Stronger with Each Tear and gained further success. Her work in music industry bestowed her with several nominations and awards including Grammy Awards, Legends Awards and Voice of Music Award. It was her hardwork and devotion that Billboard ranked her as the most successful female R&B singer of the past 25 years.
Furthermore, Mary J. Blige as well worked in a film industry as an actress and earned critical acclaim for her acting skills. She appeared in several movies such as Prison Song, Rock of Ages and Black Nativity. In addition to that, Blige as a businesswoman launched variety of perfumes and sunglasses and also owned a production company together with William Morris Endeavor. As far as her personal life is concerned, Blige married to music producer Kendu Isaacs in 2003.
Mary J. Blige Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Mary Jane Blige
- Nicknames: MB, Mary J
- Date of Birth: January 11, 1971
- Birthplace: The Bronx, New York, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, Actress, Record Producer
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Dyed Blonde
Mary J. Blige Family Details:
- Father: Thomas Blige
- Mother: Cora Blige
- Siblings: Bruce Miller, LaTonya Blige-DaCosta
- Spouse: Kendu Isaacs (m. 2003)
- Children: None
Mary J. Blige Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: What’s the 411?
- First Film: Angel: One More Road to Cross
- First TV Show: New York Undercover
Mary J. Blige Body Measurements:
Given below are singer Mary J. Blige body measurements including her weight, height, shoe, dress and bra size.
- Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
- Weight: 66 kg (145 lbs)
- Bra Size: 34C
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: 10 (US)
- Body Measurements: 36-32-38
Mary J. Blige Interesting Facts:
- She also worked as a directory assistance operator before gaining success as a singer.
- The singer doesn’t has plans about having her own children.
- The hit song ‘Umbrella’ of singer Rihanna was actually written while keeping Mary J. Blige in mind.