One of the most well-known and successful artists of all-time, Bob Marley is recognized as a legendary figure in the music industry. He started his professional musical career in early-60’s as the lead vocalist of the reggae band, Bob Marley and the Wailers. The group shot straight into the international stardom with the release of their debut album “The Wailing Wailers” which earned widespread success worldwide. Over the next few decades, Bob Marley and the Wailers went on to release a total of 13 studio albums, all of which met with huge critical acclaim and commercial success especially Catch a Fire, Natty Dread, and Exodus. Unfortunately, the musical legend didn’t live for long as after being diagnosed with skin cancer in 1977 he died of the illness in 1981, aged just 36. His death was mourned by the fans worldwide and his state funeral in Jamaica was attended by thousands of people. Being one of the best-selling music artists of all-time, Bob Marley still continues to be a huge influence among the artists of various genres who perceive his work as an inspiration for themselves. As for his family, Bob left-behind 11 children, out of which four were with his wife Rita Marley, two adopted from her previous relationships and rest with various other women.
Bob Marley Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Robert Nesta Marley
- Nicknames: Bob Marley
- Date of Birth: February 6, 1945
- Date of Death: May 11, 1981
- Birthplace: Nine Mile, Jamaica
- Nationality: Jamaican
- Occupation: Singer
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Bob Marley Height Weight Body Measurements Facts Family
Bob Marley Family Details:
- Father: Norval Sinclair Marley (Captain in the Royal Marines)
- Mother: Cedella Booker (Singer)
- Siblings: Claudette Pearl (Younger Half-Sister), Anthony Booker and Richard Booker (Stepbrothers)
- Spouse Name: Rita Marley (m. 1966–1981)
- Children Name: He has 11 children with various women.
Bob Marley Relationships History:
- Cheryl Murray – Actress (1961-1963)
- Rita Marley – Singer (1965-1981)
- Cindy Breakspeare – Model
- Yvette Crichton (1980-1981)
Bob Marley Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: The Wailing Wailers (1965)
- First TV Show: Whistle Test (1973)
Bob Marley Distinctive Features:
- His trademark Dreadlocks Hairdo
Bob Marley Body Measurements:
The following are complete legendary singer Bob Marley height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements statistics.
- Height in Feet: 5’ 7”
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 66 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 145 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 11 (US)
Bob Marley Interesting Facts:
- His favorite soccer player was Pele.
- Prior to singing, he used to read palms.
- Outside music, he loved to play football.
- As of now, he is one of the highest-earning dead celebrities.
- He has 11 children including four with wife Rita and rest with different women.