Gong Li is an internationally renowned and highly acclaimed actress. She started her acting journey in the late 80s and gained prominence with a series of hit movies, including Raise the Red Lantern, Farewell My Concubine, and Ju Dou. After becoming a prominent figure in the Chinese industry, she then began pursuing English language projects which brought her vast worldwide recognition. With dozens of blockbuster projects and other accolades to her name, Li now stands as one of the most successful and popular actresses from China.
Now moving from her professional achievements to her personal life, Gong had a highly publicized relationship with director Zhang Yimou. In 1996, she married tobacco tycoon Ooi Hoe Seong but divorced 25 years later. Then in 2019, she confirmed her marriage to French composer Jean-Michel Jarre.
Gong Li Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Gong Li
- Nicknames: Empress Gong
- Date of Birth: December 31, 1965
- Birthplace: Shenyang, China
- Nationality: Chinese and Singaporean
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Race/ Ethnicity: Asian
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Gong Li Height Weight Body Measurements Statistics Family Facts
Gong Li Family Details:
- Father Name: Gong Lize (Economics Professor)
- Mother Name: Zhao Ying (Teacher)
- Sibling Name: Gong Zheng and Gong Gu (Older Brothers), Gong Di and Gong Wen (Older Sisters)
- Spouse Name: Jean-Michel Jarre (m. 2019), Ooi Hoe Soeng (m. 1996–2009)
- Children Name: David Jarre (Stepson), Émilie Charlotte Jarre (Stepdaughter)
Gong Li Relationships History:
- Zhang Yimou (1987-1995)
- Ooi Hoe Soeng – Tobacco Tycoon (1996–2010)
- Jean-Michel Jarre – Music Composer (2019-Present)
Gong Li Career Highlights:
- Debut Song: Hate this life (1994)
- First Film: Red Sorghum (1987)
- First Talk Show: Celebrity Talk Show (1989)
Gong Li Distinctive Features:
- Slender frame
- Gleaming face
Gong Li Body Measurements:
The following list includes actress Gong Li height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurement statistics.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 128 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 8 (US)
Gong Li Interesting Facts:
- Her father and an older sister both died of cancer.
- She is the first Chinese actress to appear on the cover of TIME magazine.
- Gong Li was discovered by Zhang Yimou and he gave her lead roles in several movies.
- She has starred in three Chinese-language films that have gotten nominated for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film.