Bernadette Peters is a multi-talented American artist who has gained global recognition through her extensive work as a singer, actress, and children’s book author. Having started her professional journey as a child, her career is spread across more than six decades now. During this period, she has done a wide variety of work that ranges from Broadway to on-screen acting and from music albums to children’s books. Being a highly praised Broadway performer, she is a multiple Tony Award and Drama Desk Awards winner. Since bringing her acting talent to the screen, Bernadette has starred in numerous acclaimed projects that have even led her to accolades like Emmy Awards and Golden Globe Awards.
While as a music artist, she has released several singles and six solo albums, with many of her songs topping international music charts. Now coming towards her personal life, Bernadette Peters had a short-lived romance with legendary artist Steve Martin in the late-70s. In 1996, she married investment adviser Michael Wittenberg but unfortunately, he died in a helicopter crash in 2005.
Bernadette Peters Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Bernadette Lazzara
- Nicknames: The Queen of Broadway
- Date of Birth: February 28, 1948
- Birthplace: Ozone Park, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Singer, Actress, Author
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Religion: Catholicism
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: ark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown (Natural)
Bernadette Peters Height Weight Shoe Size Measurements
Bernadette Peters Family Details:
- Father: Peter Lazzara (Bread-Delivery Truck Driver)
- Mother: Marguerite Maltese
- Siblings: Joseph Lazzara (Older Brother), Donna DeSeta (Older Sister)
- Spouse Name: Michael Wittenberg (m. 1996–2005)
- Children Name: None
Bernadette Peters Relationships History:
- Steve Martin – Comedian (1977-1982)
- Warren Beatty – Actor
- Michael Wittenberg – Investment Advisor
Bernadette Peters Career Highlights:
- First Film: Ace Eli and Rodger of the Skies (1973)
- First TV Show: The Kraft Music Hall (1969)
Bernadette Peters Distinctive Features:
- Fizzy hair
- Voluptuous figure
- Lisp, breathless voice
Bernadette Peters Body Measurements:
The following list contains Bernadette Peters height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete information.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5’ 3”
- Height in Centimeters: 160 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 128 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Bernadette Peters Interesting Facts:
- She is an animal rights activist as well.
- Her professional career began as a child artist.
- She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1987.
- In September 2005, her husband Michael Wittenberg died in a helicopter crash in Montenegro.
- Over the course of her career, she has been honored with accolades like Tony Award, Grammy Award, Emmy Award, and Golden Globe Award.