Chris Rock is an American actor, writer, and one of the most prominent stand-up comedians of all time. Chris was born in Andrews, South Carolina on February 7, 1965. His family moved to Brooklyn, New York shortly after his birth. At the age of 19, he started his professional career in comedy by showcasing his comedic skills in various local bars and nightclubs. During those performances, he got noticed by the legendary American actor and comedian Eddie Murphy. Murphy was impressed by his capabilities and instantly offered him a role in his movie “Beverly Hills Cop II”. Later on, Chris got to work in the “Saturday Night Live” series and he kept on enlarging his comedic voice. The major turning point of his career was his hit show “Bring the Pain” for which he won two Emmy awards and gained widespread popularity. This was followed by his outstanding role as a commentator for Comedy Central’s “Politically Incorrect” during the 1996 Presidential elections which got him nominated for another Emmy award. His HBO comedy special shows “Bigger & Blacker” in 1999 and “Never Scared” in 2004, gained him the title of Funniest Man in America.
As a movie star, Chris has played versatile roles in movies and has been vastly applauded for his acting skills. But his movie career has never reached its full potential as he has always preferred stand-up comedy over acting. The major subjects he usually covers in his comedic shows are related to family, politics, music, celebrities, and race relations in the United States. As his comedic influence was expanding rapidly, he began his directing and script & songwriting career path. Now lasting digging into his personal life, Chris Rock was married to Malaak Compton Rock, the founder and executive director of StyleWorks. The couple had two daughters together before ending their relationship after eighteen years of marriage.
Chris Rock Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Christopher Julius Rock III
- Nicknames: Chrissy
- Date of Birth: February 7, 1965
- Birthplace: Andrews, South Carolina, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor, Comedian, Writer
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Race/ Ethnicity: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Chris Rock Height Weight Shoe Size Body Measurements Statistics
Chris Rock Family Details:
- Father: Christopher Julius Rock II
- Mother: Rosalie Rock (Social worker)
- Siblings: Andre Rock, Andi Rock, Kenny Rock, Brian Rock, Tony Rock, and Jordan Rock (Younger Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Malaak Compton Rock (m. 1996–2016)
- Children Name: Lola Simone Rock, Zahra Savannah Rock (Daughters)
Chris Rock Relationships History:
- Nia Long – Actor (1991)
- Malaak Compton – Businesswomen (1996-2014)
- Megalyn Echikunwoke – Actress (2015-Present)
Chris Rock Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Born Suspect (1991)
- First Film: Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)
- First TV Show: Uptown Comedy Express (1987)
Chris Rock Distinctive Features:
- High pitched voice
- Short cropped hairdo
- Catchphrase: “Yeah, I said it!”
Chris Rock Body Measurements:
Listed below are the comedian Chris Rock height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements statistics complete details.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 10″
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 78 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 172 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 11 (US)
Chris Rock Interesting Facts:
- He recognizes Eddie Murphy as his role model.
- His father and grandfather were both preachers.
- He often jokes about racism and black stereotypes.
- While presenting the Oscars 2022, Chris was slapped on stage by Will Smith after he made a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith’s hair loss.