Known as one of the hardest hitting boxers of all-time, Deontay Wilder started his boxing training at the age of 21 and with the help of his power combined with the natural skills, he was even able to win a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics as an amateur. Soon after that, he turned pro and quickly made a name for himself at the international level by finishing several of his opponents in the early rounds of the fight. Having continued his dominant run for years, Wilder earned his long-awaited shot at the WBC heavyweight title in 2015 against Bermane Stiverne whom he defeated via unanimous decision to become the first American world heavyweight champion in nine years. Since then, Deontay has defended his title multiple times and is still going undefeated in his professional boxing career. Now moving towards the family life of the boxer, Wilder was married to Jessica Scales for a short time period after which he began dating model Telli Swift.
Deontay Wilder Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Deontay Leshun Wilder
- Nicknames: The Bronze Bomber
- Date of Birth: October 22, 1985
- Birthplace: Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Professional Boxer
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Black
Deontay Wilder Height Weight Body Measurements Shoe Size Facts
Deontay Wilder Family Details:
- Father: Gary Wilder
- Mother: Deborah Wilder
- Siblings: Marsellos Wilder (Younger Brother)
- Spouse Name: Jessica Scales-Wilder
- Children Name: Dereon and Deontay Wilder Jr. (Sons), Ava and Naieya Wilder (Daughters)
Deontay Wilder Relationships History:
- Jessica Scales-Wilder
- Telli Swift – Model (2017)
Deontay Wilder Career Highlights:
- Turned Pro: 2008
- Stance: Orthodox
- Weight Category: Heavyweight
Deontay Wilder Distinctive Features:
- Muscular Body
- Tall Body Frame
Deontay Wilder Body Measurements:
Listed below are the complete heavyweight boxer Deontay Wilder height, weight, reach, shoe size and other body measurements statistics details.
- Height in Feet: 6’ 7”
- Height in Centimeters: 201 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 96 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 212 pounds
- Reach: 83 inches (211 cm)
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
Deontay Wilder Interesting Facts:
- Muhammad Ali is his all-time favorite boxer.
- His initial ambition was to become a basketball or American football player.
- Unlike most boxers, Wilder began boxing training at the age of 21.
- His younger brother Marsellos Wilder is a professional boxer too.
- He is famous for his frightening punching power and knocking out his opponents.
- Deontay Wilder won a bronze model at the 2008 Olympics which led to his nickname of “The Bronze Bomber”.