Russell Edward Brand is an English comedian, author, actor and radio host born on 4th June 1975. He began his career as a comedian and executed stand-up at the Hackney Empire New Act of the Year in 2000. Russell received recognition through his stand-up and later on host and performed in numerous television shows including RE:Brand, Blessed, 2009 MTV Video Music Awards and Brand X with Russell Brand. In 2007, Brand received his first major role in the film St Trinian’s and afterwards appeared in several films and earned critical acclaim such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Arthur, Despicable Me 2 and A Royal Hangover. In addition to that, Russell worked in radio and hosted different shows. He as well has a production company called Branded Films. While being an author Russell wrote his first autobiography titled My Booky Wook released in 2007 which received positive reviews and after that he wrote numerous books such as Articles of Faith, Revolution and Booky Wook 2: This Time It’s Personal. As far as his personal life is concerned, Brand married to singer Katy Perry in 2010 but after two years the couple ended up their marriage relationship. Later on, he dated Jemima Khan from 2013 to 2014.
Russell Brand Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Russell Edward Brand
- Nicknames: Rusty, Russ
- Date of Birth: June 4, 1975
- Birthplace: Grays, Essex, England
- Occupation: Actor, Comedian, Author, Radio Host
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Russell Brand Family Details:
- Father: Ronald Henry Brand
- Mother: Barbara Elizabeth
- Siblings: None
- Spouse: Katy Perry (m. 2010–2012)
- Children: None
Russell Brand Career Highlights:
- First Film: St Trinian’s
- First TV Show: The Bill
Russell Brand Body Measurements:
- Height: 6′ 1″ (1.85 m)
- Weight: 74 kg (163 pounds)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Chest: 43 inches
- Waist: 33 inches
- Biceps: 14 inches
Russell Brand Interesting Facts:
- Russell is the only child of his parents.
- Prior to becoming famous, he once worked as a postman.
- According to his ex-wife Katy Perry, Russell Brand told her that he was divorcing her through a text message.