Kobe Bryant is famous NBA basketball athlete born in Philadelphia on August 23, 1978. He is the son of famous former basketball player Joe Bryant. In 1984, he moved to Italy from Philadelphia with his family where he played in Italian League. He was a good player of soccer and basketball from his childhood. After returning to Philadelphia, he joined basketball team of Lower Merion School and represented his School basketball team consecutively for four years. Kobe was talented students as well as good athletic. In 996, Charlotte Hornets selected Kobe Bryant through NBA Draft and later traded to Los Angeles Lakers. Since joining Los Angeles Lakers, Kobe has stayed with the team and has played a vital role in teams overall success in NBA.
His team Los Angeles Lakers is one of the most successful teams in the history of NBA having won 16 NBA championships and also being the second most valuable basketball team in the world. Kobe Bryant has shown some incredible performances during his career and his achievements have already made him a legend in this sports. Kobe Bryant is the youngest player in the history of league to score 30,000 points and has also scored the second highest points in one game in the history of NBA along with being the all-time leading scorer for Los Angeles Lakers. Bryant also played marvelously in 2008 and 2009 U.S. Olympics and due to his excellent performance, he won two gold medals.
In 1999, Bryant met Vanessa Laine and fell in love with her. This couple got engaged after six months of their relationship and got married in 2001 in California despite of Bryant parents being against this marriage. In 2003, the couple welcomed their daughter “Natalia Diamante Bryant”. In the same year, Bryant was accused of sexual assault filed by a hotel worker who claimed that Bryant raped her in the hotel room. However, Bryant denied the allegation. Although the case was dropped in 2004 but reputation, career and personal life of Kobe Bryant was deeply affected by this case. Bryant wife firmly stood with her husband during the case and after the case was dropped, the couple welcomed their second daughter in 2006 named, “Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant”. In 2011, Vanessa filed for divorced from Bryant but in 2013, the couple announced that they had called off their separation.
Kobe Bryant Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Kobe Bean Bryant
- Nicknames: The Black Mamba
- Occupation: Basketball Player
- Date of Birth: August 23, 1978
- Birthplace: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Height: 6′ 6″ (1.98 m)
- Net worth: $220 million
Kobe Bryant Favorite Food, Shoes, Movie and other Favorite Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Swimming, Soccer
- Favorite Color: Purple, Yellow
- Favorite Food: Cheese, Spicy Mexican
- Favorite Book: Doesn’t likes to read books
- Favorite Perfume: NBA Lakers Cologne for Men
- Favorite Music: Hip Hop
- Favorite Rapper: Jay-Z, The Notorious B.I.G.
- Favorite Song: “Higher” by The Game
- Favorite Movie: Star Wars
- Favorite Sports: Football, Basketball
- Favorite Shoes: 2K4
- Favorite NBA Player: Magic Johnson
- Favorite Number: 8
- Favorite Pet: Dog
Kobe Bryant Interesting Facts:
- His parents named him after a Kobe steak which they had eaten in a a restaurant prior to Kobe Bryant.
- In 1998, Kobe became the youngest player to appear in an NBA All-Star game.
- He speaks fluent Italian.