Bill Gates is an American business magnate who founded the Microsoft Corporation and is now one of the richest persons in the world. Having started writing software programs at a very young age and years later he even dropped out of the prestigious educational institute like Harvard College in order to start his own company. Bill established Microsoft with co-founder Paul Allen in 1975 and became the first CEO and chairman of the company. A few decades later, he stepped down as CEO in the year 2000 and in 2006, transitioned his role to a part-timer at Microsoft in order to place his full attention at the work of his charitable organization, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Since its establishments, Microsoft has gone on to revolutionize the computer industry and now stands as one of the most valuable publicly traded companies of the world. With Gates being a large shareholder of Microsoft, the success of the company has turned his net worth into billions as well and for several years, he has topped the Forbes list of the world’s wealthiest people.
Outside his professional career, William is a dedicated philanthropist and has made huge contributions to fund various charitable causes and scientific research programs. Now in his personal life, Bill Gates has been married to Melinda French since 1994 and the couple have three children together, including two daughters and one son.
Bill Gates Personal Details:
- Complete Name: William Henry Gates III
- Nicknames: Trey
- Date of Birth: October 28, 1955
- Birthplace: Seattle, Washington, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Business Magnate, Author, Investor, Philanthropist
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Eye Color: Blue with a hint of Green
- Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Bill Gates Body Measurements Height Weight Shoe Size Facts
Bill Gates Family Details:
- Father: William H. Gates Sr. (Retired Attorney)
- Mother: Mary Maxwell Gates (Businesswoman)
- Siblings: Libby (Younger Sister), Kristi (Older Sister)
- Spouse Name: Melinda Gates (m. 1994)
- Children Name: Jennifer Katharine Gates and Phoebe Adele Gates (Daughter), Rory John Gates (Son)
Bill Gates Relationships History:
- Melinda French – Philanthropist (1987)
Bill Gates Career Highlights:
- Founded Microsoft: 1975
- Remained Microsoft CEO: 1975 to 2000
- Remained Microsoft Chairman: 1975 to 2014
Bill Gates Distinctive Features:
- Wears Glasses
- Salt and Pepper Hair
Bill Gates Body Measurements:
Following are the complete Bill Gates body measurements details including his height, weight, and shoe size.
- Height in Feet: 5′ 9½”
- Height in Centimeters: 177 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 74 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 163 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 9 (US)
Bill Gates Interesting Facts:
- His favorite music bands are Weezer and U2.
- He dropped out of Harvard to start his own company.
- Bill has pledged to give at least half of his wealth to philanthropy.
- In 1977, Gates was arrested for speeding and driving without a license.
- He has held the Forbes title of world’s richest person on several occasions.
- His wife Melinda used to work at Microsoft as a product marketing manager.
- The name Microsoft was actually suggested by the company’s co-founder, Paul Allen.
- Similar to the U.S. President, all his days are planned for him on a minute-by-minute basis.