One of the most acclaimed actresses of British history, Emma Thompson was born to well-known actors Eric Thompson and Phyllida Law. Seeing her parents perform on screen, she developed the passion for acting at a pretty young age as well and after minor work in her early years in the industry, she first rose to fame in 1987 with her performances in TV series Fortunes of War and Tutti Frutti. Her international fame expanded furthermore in the early 1990s when she starred in several hit movies alongside her then-husband Kenneth Branagh. During her highly successful acting career spread over multiple decades, Emma has starred in a large number of critically acclaimed and commercially successful film as well as television series, earning a place among Britain’s most acclaimed actresses of all time. For her work in the industry, she has received several accolades over the years, such as Golden Globe Award, Academy Award, BAFTA Award, and Primetime Emmy Award. In addition to all these achievements as an actress, she has earned recognition as a comedienne, author, and activist as well. Now coming towards the personal life of Emma Thompson, she was married to Kenneth Branagh from 1989 to 1995 while is currently married to English actor Greg Wise since 2003.
Emma Thompson Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Emma Thompson
- Nicknames: Emma
- Date of Birth: April 15, 1959
- Birthplace: Paddington, London, United Kingdom
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Eye Color: Blue-Green / Dark Green
- Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Emma Thompson Height Weight Bra Size Body Measurements Facts
Emma Thompson Family Details:
- Father: Late Eric Norman Thompson (Actor)
- Mother: Phyllida Ann Law (Actress)
- Siblings: Sophie Thompson (Younger Sister)
- Spouse Name: Greg Wise (m. 2003), Kenneth Branagh (m. 1989–1995)
- Children Name: Gaia Romilly Wise (Daughter), Tindyebwa Agaba Wise (Son)
Emma Thompson Relationships History:
- Hugh Laurie (1978-1982)
- Kenneth Branagh (1987-1995)
- Greg Wise (2003)
Emma Thompson Career Highlights:
- First Film: The Tall Guy (1989)
- First TV Show: There’s Nothing to Worry About! (1982)
Emma Thompson Distinctive Features:
- Sharp Nose
- Bold Voice
- High Cheek Bones
Emma Thompson Body Measurements:
Actress Emma Thompson height, weight, bra cup, shoe size, and other body measurements complete statistics are listed below.
- Height in Feet: 5’ 8”
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 59 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 130 pounds
- Bra Size: 32C
- Cup Size: C
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Body Measurements: 35-29-37
Emma Thompson Interesting Facts:
- The actress is a feminist.
- She is fluent in Spanish and French.
- Emma gave birth to her first child at the age of 40.
- Her younger sister Sophie Thompson is an actress too.
- She turned down the lead role in 1992 film Basic Instinct which later went to Sharon Stone.
- Emma Thompson likes to write fan letters to other artists in order to show her appreciation for their work.