Cate Blanchett is an Australian actress and theatre director who has starred in several blockbuster films during her career and has established herself as one of the leading actresses of the industry. Born on May 14, 1969, Cate started her career through theatre and then soon entered into film industry and after having a few small roles; she gained international fame through her lead performance in the 1998 film Elizabeth. The success of the movie led her to star in many more films over the next few years before she once again earned a lot of critical acclaim for her Oscar award winning performance in the 2004 film The Aviator. After that, the actress has gone on to star in several more commercially and critically successful movies till now including Elizabeth: The Golden Age, I’m Not There, The Hobbit trilogy, The Lord of the Rings trilogy and Blue Jasmine etc. In addition to this, Cate Blanchett has also done some work over the television while has also built in extensive career on stage. Due to her splendid performances throughout the acting career, she has received several major awards till now such as Golden Globe Awards, British Academy Awards and Academy Awards. While when it comes to her off-camera life, Cate Blanchett has been married to Andrew Upton since 1997 and the couple has four children together out of which one daughter is adopted.
Cate Blanchett Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Catherine Élise Blanchett
- Nicknames: Cate
- Date of Birth: May 14, 1969
- Birthplace: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Occupation: Actress, Theatre director
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
Cate Blanchett Family Details:
- Father: Robert Blanchett
- Mother: June Blanchett
- Siblings: Bob Blanchett (Brother), Genevieve Blanchett (Sister)
- Spouse: Andrew Upton (m. 1997)
- Children: Roman Robert Upton, Dashiell John Upton, Edith Vivian Patricia Upton, Ignatius Martin Upton
Cate Blanchett Career Highlights:
- First Film: Kaboria (1990)
- First TV Show: Police Rescue (1993)
Cate Blanchett Body Measurements:
Take a look at the actress Cate Blanchett body measurements complete details including her height, weight, dress, shoe, bust, waist, hip and bra size.
- Height: 5′ 9″ (175 cm)
- Weight: 59 kg (130 pounds)
- Bra Size: 32B
- Shoe Size: 9 (US)
- Dress Size: 2 (US)
- Body Measurements: 34-24-35
Cate Blanchett Interesting Facts:
- She is the first ever Australian actress to win two acting Oscars.
- The actress met her husband Andrew Upton for the first time on the set of a TV show.
- Cate Blanchett was considered for the female lead role in 2005 film Mr. & Mrs. Smith which ultimately went to Angelina Jolie.