Oprah Winfrey whose full name is Oprah Gail Winfrey is an actress, Producer and a philanthropist who is famous for her talk show “The Oprah Winfrey Show”. Oprah Winfrey was born on January 29th, 1954 in Mississippi, U.S. She is 60 years old but still she is very active women in media. Although she currently lives in America but her origin is from Africa. Despite of being born in poverty, Oprah is currently one of the richest African women and also one of the most influential people in the world.
Oprah Winfrey lived in Mississippi with her grandmother as her mother worked in the north. Her grandmother taught her and made her recite bible verses in church at the age of 3. Then at the age of 6 she was sent to her mother who was working as a house maid in Milwaukee. There Oprah had to live a difficult life because she was sexually assaulted by male relatives because of which she became pregnant and gave birth to a child at age of 14 but unfortunately her son died infancy. Then she left her house and went to Nashville to live with her father who was pretty strict but also encouraging.
Oprah started working in a Radio at the age of 17. She became the youngest news caster in her 19s at WTVF-TV after completing her degree of Speech and performing art she joined WJZ-TV as a reporter. Then she was offered a morning show that she happily accepted and moved to the hosting career. She hosted an award winning show The Oprah Winfrey Show in 1986. Along with this she started a production company named, Harpo production inc. and has produced several TV programs. Oprah also made her debut in films through “The Purple Color” for which she was nominated for best actress.
For her outstanding work in media and participation in social causes, Oprah Winfrey has received numerous awards till now including a “Presidential Medal of Freedom” awarded by the President of America, Barack Obama. Unlike her professional life, Oprah Winfrey’s romantic life is not a story of success. She is been in relationships and breaking up since her high school life. Now a day she is with Stedman Graham since 1986. They announced their marriage in 1992 but that never happened and now are sharing each others life as Girlfriend and Boyfriend.
Oprah Winfrey Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Oprah Gail Winfrey
- Nicknames: O, Lady O, Deepak Oprah
- Occupation: Film Actress, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Talk Show Host, Producer
- Date of Birth: January 29, 1954
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, U.S.
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 1.69 m
- Net worth: $2.9 Billion
Oprah Winfrey Favorite Color, Movies, Food and other Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Reading, Photography, Spending time with her Dogs.
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Food: Caramel Popcorn and Chicken Pot Pie
- Favorite Drinks: Cocktail
- Favorite Book: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Favorite Bra: Le Mystere Tisha
- Favorite Movie: Beasts of the Southern Wild, The Color Purple
- Favorite Sports: Racquetball, Golf, Tennis
- Favorite Pet: Dog
Oprah Winfrey Interesting Facts:
- Oprah is the first woman television history to own as well as produce her own talk show.
- Her name was supposed to be Orpah, but it became Oprah after being misspelled on her birth certificate.
- Oprah Winfrey gave birth to her first child at the age of just 14 but unfortunately the baby died after just 2 weeks of his birth.
- In 2003, Oprah became the first black female billionaire in the United States.