Alex Rodriguez is one of the most popular and successful players in the history of Major League Baseball (MLB). Having entered the sport as one of the most touted prospects, he was the first overall pick of the 1993 Major League Baseball draft by the Seattle Mariners. Right away, Alex began showcasing his superior skills and within just two years, became the starting shortstop for the team. After a highly successful run with Seattle Mariners, he signed a lucrative deal with Texas Rangers in 2001. Just three years later, he joined the New York Yankees in 2004 and continued to play for them until his retirement. He finished his career with then-record 696 home runs, over 2000 runs scored, over 2000 runs batted in, and a .295 batting average. Alongside all this, he is a 14-time All-Star, two-time Gold Glove Award winner, and a career record holder for 25 grand slams.
Since finishing his baseball career in 2016, he has now moved towards newer ventures. He is now a media personality, businessman, and philanthropist. Now moving from his professional work to his personal life, Alex was married to Cynthia Scurtis from 2002 to 2008 and the couple has two children together. After that, he had several short-lived relationships while has been dating singer Jennifer Lopez since 2017.
Alex Rodriguez Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez
- Nicknames: A-Rod
- Date of Birth: July 27, 1975
- Birthplace: Washington Heights, New York, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Former Professional Baseball Player
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Race/ Ethnicity: Multiracial
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Alex Rodriguez Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
Alex Rodriguez Family Details:
- Father: Victor Rodriguez
- Mother: Lourdes Rodriguez
- Siblings: Suzy Rodriguez (Older Maternal Half-Sister), Victor M. Rodriguez (Older Paternal Half-Brother), Joseph Rodriguez (Older Maternal Half-Brother)
- Spouse Name: Cynthia Scurtis (m. 2002–2008)
- Children Name: Natasha Alexander Rodriguez and Ella Alexander Rodriguez (Daughters)
Alex Rodriguez Relationships History:
- Bethenny Frankel – TV Personality
- Cynthia Scurtis – Psychology Graduate (2002-2008)
- Madonna – Singer (2008)
- Kate Hudson – Actress (2009)
- Cameron Diaz – Actress (2010-2011)
- Torrie Wilson – Former Professional Wrestler (2011-2015)
- Jennifer Lopez – Singer (2017-Present)
Alex Rodriguez Career Highlights:
- 1993 MLB Draft: First overall pick by Seattle Mariners
- Batted: Right
- Threw: Right
- Home Runs: 696
- Batting Average: .295
- MLB Debut: July 8, 1994
- Last MLB Appearance: August 12, 2016
Alex Rodriguez Distinctive Features:
- Short trimmed hair
Alex Rodriguez Body Measurements:
Legendary baseball player Alex Rodriguez height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete information can be found below.
- Build: Average
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2″
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 104 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 229 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 12 (US)
Alex Rodriguez Interesting Facts:
- He likes to play golf and collect art.
- He holds the career record for 25 grand slams.
- In 2009, Alex admitted to having used steroids from 2001 to 2003.
- In high school, he played as a quarterback for the school football team.
- With career earnings of over $441 million, he is the highest earning baseball player in history.