The American actress and musician Zooey Deschanel was born on January 17, 1980. She started her professional acting career in 1998 with a guest appearance in a TV series which was followed by her film debut in Mumford the next year. Soon after starting her career, Zooey got her breakthrough role in the 2000 semi-autobiographical film Almost Famous. Since then, she has followed her success with movies like Elf, The Good Girl, Failure to Launch, Yes Man, The New Guy, (500) Days of Summer, and Your Highness. Along with this, she has also appeared on a number of television shows out of which her lead role in the TV series New Girl is the most notable one.
In addition to being a well-established actress, Zooey Deschanel has also earned success in the music industry. After recording a few singles for her movies and TV shows, she teamed up with M. Ward to release their debut album titled Volume One. Since then, the duo has released a few more albums that have received praise from the fans. In her personal life, Zooey Deschanel married musician Ben Gibbard in 2009 but after only two years of marriage, the couple announced their separation in 2011. Zooey later began dating producer Jacob Pechenik and announced her engagement with him in January 2015.
Zooey Deschanel Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Zooey Claire Deschanel
- Nicknames: Zo, ZuZu
- Date of Birth: January 17, 1980
- Occupation: Actress, Singer
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Religion: Judaism
- Eye Color: Blue
- Natural Hair Color: Dark Brown
Zooey Deschanel Body Measurements Shoe Size Height Weight Stats
Zooey Deschanel Family Details:
- Father Name: Caleb Deschanel (Cinematographer)
- Mother Name: Mary Jo Deschanel (Actress)
- Siblings: Emily Deschanel (Older Sister)
- Spouse: Ben Gibbard (m. 2009–2012)
- Children: Charlie Wolf Pechenik, Elsie Otter Pechenik
Zooey Deschanel Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Volume One (2008)
- First TV Show: Veronica’s Closet (1998)
- First Film: Mumford (1999)
Zooey Deschanel Relationships History:
- Jason Schwartzman – Actor (2003-2005)
- Ben Gibbard – Singer (2008-2011)
- Jamie Linden – Screenwriter (2012-2014)
- Jacob Pechenik – Film Producer (2014-2019)
- Jonathan Scott – TV Personality (2019-Present)
Zooey Deschanel Distinctive Features:
- Hair with bangs
- Big blue eyes
Zooey Deschanel Body Measurements:
The following list includes actress Zooey Deschanel height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurement statistics.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 6″
- Height in Centimeters: 168 cm
- Weight in Kilograms: 55 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 121 pounds
- Bra Size: 32B
- Shoe Size: 8
- Body Measurements: 34-24-35
Zooey Deschanel Interesting Facts:
- Some of her interests are photography, fashion, and jazz singing.
- She is allergic to dairy and eggs.
- Zooey Deschanel used to dress up like a princess to do her homework.