Kathryn Ann Bigelow is an American filmmaker, screenwriter and television director born on November 27, 1951. Her directing career began from the short film The Set-Up. In 1982, Bigelow featured her first full length film The Loveless and received positive reviews. The action films Point Break, Blue Steel and Strange Days provided her recognition and fame as a director. Later on, Kathryn directed numerous television series and films including Wild Palms, The Weight of Water and Near Dark. But the films which gave her breakthrough and became blockbuster hit were The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty. These critically acclaimed films bestowed her with numerous awards and nominations such as Directors Guild of America Award, BAFTA Award and Critics’ Choice Movie Award and Golden Globe Award. Kathryn as well became the first woman director to win the Academy Award for Best Director. In addition to that, Bigelow also appeared in the film Born in Flames and a music video “Reach” to demonstrate her acting skills. Moreover, her name was included in the Time 100 list of the most influential people of the year in 2010. As for her personal life, Kathryn Bigelow married to director James Cameron in 1989 but their relationship ended up in 1991.
Kathryn Bigelow Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Kathryn Ann Bigelow
- Nicknames: Katy
- Date of Birth: November 27, 1951
- Birthplace: San Carlos, California, U.S.
- Occupation: Filmmaker, Television Director
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Kathryn Bigelow Family Details:
- Father: Ronald Elliot Bigelow
- Mother: Gertrude Kathryn Bigelow
- Siblings: None
- Spouse: James Cameron (m. 1989–1991)
- Children: None
Kathryn Bigelow Career Highlights:
- First Film: The Set-Up
- First TV Show: Wild Palms
Kathryn Bigelow Body Measurements:
Listed below are complete Kathryn Bigelow body measurements including her weight, height, bra and shoe size.
- Height: 5′ 11½” (182 cm)
- Weight: 60 kg (132 lbs)
- Bra Size: 34C
- Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Body Measurements: N/A
Kathryn Bigelow Interesting Facts:
- Her father was a factory manager while her mother used to work as a librarian.
- She even tried modeling during eighties and had worked for a Gap advertisement.
- Kathryn Bigelow became the first woman in Oscar history to achieve the Best Director Award.