Martin Freeman is a famous British actor who is best known for his portrayal of Dr. Watson in the TV series ‘Sherlock’ and Bilbo Baggins in ‘The Hobbit’ film trilogy. He was born in 1971 in Aldershot, Hampshire. His father died of a heart attack when he was just 10 years old. Freeman completed his education at Salesian School and attended Brook lands College for media studies. His on-screen acting career began in the late-90s and he first attracted mainstream attention through her role of Tim Canterbury in the TV series The Office. From there on, Martin has continued to portray lead roles in both films and television series.
So far, he has played major characters in many blockbuster projects, such as Sherlock, The Hobbit film trilogy, and multiple Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero films. For his fabulous work over all these years, he has won several nominations and awards till now including Emmy Award, BAFTA Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award. Now lastly coming to his personal life, Martin Freeman had a sixteen-year relationship with actress Amanda Abbington from 2000 to 2016. The pair has two children as well.
Martin Freeman Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Martin John Christopher Freeman
- Nicknames: Martin Freeman
- Date of Birth: September 8, 1971
- Birthplace: Aldershot, United Kingdom
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Actor
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Religion: Roman Catholicism
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Light Brown
Martin Freeman Height Weight Shoe Size Body Measurements
Martin Freeman Family Details:
- Father: Geoffrey Freeman (Naval Officer)
- Mother: Philomena (née Norris)
- Siblings: Laura Freeman (Older Sister), Benedict Freeman, Jamie Freeman, and Tim Freeman (Older Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: Grace Freeman (Daughter), Joseph Freeman (Son)
Martin Freeman Relationships History:
- Amanda Abbington – Actress (2000-2016)
Martin Freeman Career Highlights:
- First Film: I Just Want to Kiss You (1998)
- First TV Show: The Bill (1997)
Martin Freeman Distinctive Features:
- Blue Eyes
- Often clears his throat
Martin Freeman Body Measurements:
Actor Martin Freeman height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements statistics are discussed below.
- Build: Average
- Height in Feet: 5′ 7″
- Height in Centimeters: 170 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 70 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 154 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 8 (US)
Martin Freeman Interesting Facts:
- He supports the Labour Party.
- Freeman is an excellent squash player.
- He cites Paul Weller as one of his heroes.
- Martin was born the same day as David Arquette.
- His breakthrough role was as Tim Canterbury in ‘The Office’.