An inspirational American actress and model Marilyn Monroe was born on June 1, 1926. Marilyn earned recognition for playing comic “dumb blonde” characters and was also considered as one of the most popular sex symbols of the 1950s. She was born and raised in Los Angeles and became married at the age of sixteen. Monroe began her professional career as a model and eventually, the work led to short-lived film contracts with Columbia Pictures and Twentieth Century-Fox. After playing several minor film roles, Marilyn received fame and success by starring in numerous comedies such as Monkey Business and As Young as You Feel. By 1953, she became one of the most marketable Hollywood stars, with leading roles in the films, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, noir Niagara and How to Marry a Millionaire. In 1955, Monroe starred in the film The Seven Year Itch which became one of the biggest box office successes of her career. Upcoming years brought more success to her and she founded a film production company called Marilyn Monroe Productions and performed a variety of roles in several critically acclaimed films including Bus Stop, Some Like It Hot and The Misfits.
She was indeed a successful actress of that era but unfortunately faced several difficulties in her personal life and struggled with anxiety and depression. Marilyn had two highly publicized marriages, to Joe DiMaggio and Arthur Miller, both of which ended in divorce. Alas, Monroe died at the age of 36 from an overdose of barbiturates at her home on 5th August 1962.
Marilyn Monroe Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Norma Jeane Mortenson
- Nicknames: Marilyn Monroe
- Date of Birth: June 1, 1926
- Died On: August 5, 1962
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress, Model
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Dyed Blonde
Marilyn Monroe Body Measurements Height Weight Ethnicity
Marilyn Monroe Family Details:
- Father: Unknown
- Mother: Gladys Pearl Baker
- Siblings: Berniece Baker Miracle (Sister), Robert Kermitt Baker (Brother)
- Spouse Name: Arthur Miller (m. 1956–1961), Joe DiMaggio (m. 1954–1955), James Dougherty (m. 1942–1946)
- Children Name: None
Marilyn Monroe Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Dangerous Years (1947)
Marilyn Monroe Body Measurements:
Below is the list of actress Marilyn Monroe body measurements complete details like her height, weight, bust, hip, waist, dress, shoe and bra cup size.
- Height in Feet: 5′ 5″
- Height in Centimeters: 166 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 54 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 118 pounds
- Bra Size: 32D
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Body Measurements: 36-24-36
Marilyn Monroe Interesting Facts:
- She was an excellent cook.
- Monroe was a book lover.
- Marilyn was extremely intelligent with an IQ of 168.
- Her first marriage was arranged at the age of sixteen.
- Marilyn Monroe was one of the first women to own her own production company called Marilyn Monroe Productions.