Sir James Paul McCartney MBE is an English singer, songwriter, composer and multi instrumentalist born on 18th June 1942. He was interested in playing musical instruments since his childhood. Paul’s first song which he performed in publics at some talent competition was Long Tall Sally. In 1957, he gained worldwide recognition and fame by joining the English rock band The Beatles as a bassist. The group is considered as one of the most popular and significant band in the history of pop music. Later on, after the break of the Beatles McCartney began his solo career and also formed a group with his ex-wife Linda and Denny Laine named Wings. In 1970, Paul released his debut album McCartney which earned commercial success and became a US number one album. Eventually, he became the most successful singer and composer of all the time by releasing numerous successful albums as a solo artist and also as a member of the Wings. These albums included McCartney II, Wild Life, Flowers in the Dirt, Driving Rain, New and Back to the Egg which spawned several hit singles and received critical acclaim. He won numerous awards and nominations throughout his career such as BRIT Award, Academy Award and Grammy Award. Moreover, Paul is generous by heart and always showed his support for different charity subjects including poverty, animal rights and music education. While in his personal life, Paul McCartney married three times. Firstly with Linda Eastman in 1969 and after her death he became married to Heather Mills in 2002 but the couple divorced in 2008. Afterwards, McCartney dated Nancy Shevell and they became married in 2011.
Paul McCartney Personal Details:
- Complete Name: James Paul McCartney
- Date of Birth: June 18, 1942
- Birthplace: Liverpool, England
- Occupation: Singer, Producer, Composer, Multi-Instrumentalist
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Paul McCartney Family Details:
- Father: James McCartney
- Mother: Mary Patricia
- Siblings: Michael McCartney (Brother), Ruth McCartney (Step sister)
- Spouse: Nancy Shevell (m. 2011), Heather Mills (m. 2002–2008), Linda McCartney (m. 1969–1998)
- Children: James McCartney, Stella McCartney, Mary McCartney, Heather McCartney, Beatrice McCartney
Paul McCartney Career Highlights:
- Debut Solo Album: McCartney (1970)
- Debut Album with Wings: Wild Life (1971)
- Debut Album with The Beatles: Please Please Me (1963)
Paul McCartney Body Measurements:
Below is the list of complete Paul McCartney body measurements including his weight height, waist, biceps, chest and shoe size.
- Height: 5′ 11″ (180 cm)
- Weight: 68 kg (150 pounds)
- Shoe Size: 10 (US)
- Body Measurements: N/a
Paul McCartney Interesting Facts:
- McCartney is a very good drummer.
- Paul can do a Parlor Trick neatly.
- Paul witnessed the 9/11 attack.
- The first musical instrument he played was the trumpet.