An inspirational singer, songwriter, composer and musician, Sir Elton Hercules John is born on 25th March 1947. Music was his passion since his childhood. Eventually, John left his studies just prior to his A Level examinations to pursue a career in the music industry. In 1967, he met his songwriting partner, Bernie Taupin after they had both answered an advert for songwriters. They have collaborated on more than 30 albums to date and worked with several artist including Lulu and Roger Cook. Elton released his debut album, Empty Sky in 1969 and following that released a single, “Your Song” from his second album Elton John which reached the top ten in the US and UK , his first hit single. Upcoming years brought more success and he released a number of successful albums throughout his musical career including A Single Man, Leather Jackets, The One, The Diving Board and Wonderful Crazy Night. In his five decade career John became one of the best selling music artists in the world and has more than 50 Top 40 hits.
Moreover, Elton has also gained success in musical theatre both in the West End and on Broadway, composing the music for The Lion King, Aida and Billy Elliot the Musical. Philanthropically, John has been heavily involved in the fight against AIDS since the late 1980s. He established the Elton John AIDS Foundation in 1992 and later that year began hosting the annual Academy Award Party. In his personal life, Elton John married twice. Firstly, he became married to Renate Blauel in 1984 but they ended up their relationship in 1988. Since 2014, Elton has been married to David Furnish.
Elton John Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Reginald Kenneth Dwight
- Stage Name: Elton Hercules John
- Nicknames: The Rocket Man
- Date of Birth: 25 March 1947
- Birthplace: Pinner, Middlesex, England, UK
- Occupation: Singer, Musician
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Red
Elton John Height Weight Body Measurements Shoe Size
Elton John Family Details:
- Father: Stanley Dwight
- Mother: Sheila Eileen
- Siblings: Simon Dwight, Robert Dwight and Geoff Dwight (Younger Half-Brothers)
- Spouse Name: David Furnish (m. 2014), David Furnish (m. 2005–2014), Renate Blauel (m. 1984–1988)
- Children Name: Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John and Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John (Sons)
Elton John Relationships History:
- John Reid
- Linda Woodrow (1966-1970)
- Renate Blauel (1983-1988)
- David Furnish (1993)
Elton John Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Empty Sky (1969)
- First Film: Tommy (1975)
- First TV Show: Zomercarroussel (1970)
Elton John Distinctive Features:
- Messy Hair
- Stage Costumes
- Gapped Front Teeth
- Wears Tinted Spectacles
Elton John Body Measurements:
Listed below are the complete Elton John body measurements including details about his weight, height, biceps, chest, waist and shoe size.
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Centimeters: 172 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 87 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 192 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Body Measurements: Unknown
Elton John Interesting Facts:
- He enjoys playing tennis.
- Elton likes to eat Indian food.
- Jim Reeves is his favorite singer.
- Elton’s dad wanted him to be a banker.
- John announced himself as a gay in 1988.