A British celebrity chef, television personality, a restaurateur named Gordon James Ramsay was born on 8th November 1966. He was born in Scotland and grew up in Stratford-upon-Avon and described his early life as “hopelessly itinerant”. At the age of 16, Ramsay moved out of the family home and into a flat in Banbury. He began playing football and was first chosen to play under-14 football at age 12. Gordon was chosen to play for Warwickshire but his football career was marked by injuries. By this time, he gained an interest in cooking and at the age of 19, Ramsay paid more attention to his culinary education. In the early 1980s, he worked as a commis chef and afterward moved to London, where he worked in a series of restaurants. Eventually, in 1993, Gordon was offered the position of head chef at the Three Michelin-starred La Tante Claire in Chelsea. Shortly after, he opened his restaurant in Chelsea called Restaurant Gordon Ramsay which received fame and earned its third Michelin Star in 2001, making Gordon the first Scot to achieve that feat. Upcoming years brought more success to him and from his first restaurant; Ramsay’s empire has expanded rapidly in several places.
Along with it, he also started his television career and his first documented role in television was in two fly-on-the-kitchen-wall documentaries: Boiling Point and Beyond Boiling Point. In addition to that, he appeared in two British television series and also hosted a US version of Kitchen Nightmares. In 2010, Ramsay served as a producer and judge on the US version of MasterChef. As far as his personal life is concerned, Gordon Ramsay has been married to Tana Ramsay since 1996 and the couple has four children together.
Gordon Ramsay Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Gordon James Ramsay Jr.
- Nicknames: Chef Ramsay
- Date of Birth: November 8, 1966
- Birthplace: Johnstone, Renfrewshire, Scotland
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Chef, TV Personality, Restaurateur
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
Gordon Ramsay Height Weight Body Measurements Shoe Size Facts
Gordon Ramsay Family Details:
- Father: Gordon Ramsay Senior (Shopkeeper)
- Mother: Helen Ramsay (Nurse)
- Siblings: Ronnie Ramsay (Younger Brother), Diane Ramsay (Older Sister), Yvonne Ramsay (Younger Sister)
- Spouse Name: Tana Ramsay (m. 1996)
- Children Name: Jack Scott Ramsay (Son), Matilda Ramsay, Megan Jane, and Holly Anna (Daughters)
Gordon Ramsay Relationships History:
- Tana Ramsay (1994)
Gordon Ramsay Career Highlights:
- First Film: Love’s Kitchen (2011)
- First TV Show: Masterchef (1996)
- First Book: Gordon Ramsay’s Passion For Flavour (1996)
Gordon Ramsay Distinctive Features:
- Fiery Temper
- Blonde Hair
- Multi-furrowed Forehead
- Heavy use of Bad Language
Gordon Ramsay Body Measurements:
British chef Gordon Ramsay height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements statistics information are listed below.
- Height in Feet: 6’ 2”
- Height in Centimeters: 188 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 80 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 176 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 15 (UK)
Gordon Ramsay Interesting Facts:
- He is fluent in the French language too.
- His favorite Disney movie is “Ratatouille”.
- He is a supporter of the Manchester United football club.
- Ramsay’s restaurants have been awarded 16 Michelin Stars in total.
- Gordon played soccer from age 12 until he damaged the cartilage in his knees.