One of the legendary stars of the world’s entertainment industry, Judi Dench has had a prolific career spread over several decades. Starting in the late-50s, her career began through theatre, and after extensive work there, she branched into the on-screen work during the mid-60s. Straightaway, her career began gaining momentum and within just a few years, she gained prominence as one of the most skilled and well-known actresses in the industry. Holding numerous hit films and television series to her credits, Judi is probably most widely recognized for her supporting role in multiple James Bond franchise movies. She first took the role of James Bond’s boss “M” in the seventeenth installment of the film series GoldenEye (1995) and continued to hold it until her final appearance in the twenty-fourth film of the series Spectre (2015).
Other than the James Bond films, Dench holds starring role credits in several other hit films and TV series as well. So overall, she’s had a highly acclaimed and commercially successful acting career which is supported by the accolades like Golden Globe Awards, Tony Awards, Olivier Awards, and Oscar Awards. Now lastly moving from her professional career to personal life, Judi Dench married actor Michael Williams in 1971 who unfortunately died in 2001. The couple has one daughter together, named Tara Cressida Frances “Finty” Williams. From 2010 onwards, she has been dating conservationist David Mills.
Judi Dench Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Judith Olivia Dench
- Nicknames: Judi
- Date of Birth: December 9, 1934
- Birthplace: Heworth, York, United Kingdom
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Religion: Christianity
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Gray
Judi Dench Height Weight Shoe Size Body Measurements Facts
Judi Dench Family Details:
- Father: Reginald Arthur Dench (Doctor)
- Mother: Eleanora Olive Jones
- Siblings: Jeffery Dench (Older Brother)
- Spouse Name: Michael Williams (m. 1971–2001)
- Children Name: Tara Cressida Frances Williams (Daughter)
Judi Dench Relationships History:
- Michael Leonard Williams – Actor (1971–2001)
- David Mills – (2010–Present)
Judi Dench Career Highlights:
- First Video Game: 007: Everything or Nothing (2004)
- Debut Film: The Third Secret (1964)
- First TV Show: Hilda Lessways (1959)
Judi Dench Distinctive Features:
- Short-cropped hair
- A prominent mole on her forehead
- Has ‘Carpe diem’ tattooed on her right wrist
Judi Dench Body Measurements:
Actress Judi Dench height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete details can be found below.
- Build: Average
- Height in Feet: 5’ 1”
- Height in Centimeters: 155 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 65 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 143 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Judi Dench Interesting Facts:
- She has very weak eyesight now.
- Her professional acting career began with significant theatre work.
- Growing up, she actually wanted to become a designer.
- Since crossing the age of 60, she has received seven Oscar Award nominations.
- Among the vast international audience, she is known for the role of ‘M’ in multiple James Bond films.