Issa Rae is an American actress, writer, and web series creator who first rose to fame through her work on the popular YouTube web series, Awkward Black Girl. The comedy series premiered on YouTube in 2011 and eventually went viral on the internet. Her work as the creator and lead role star of the series earned acclaim from the critics and its success soon led her to film and television work. Since then, Issa has continued to develop content for her YouTube channel on a regular basis while has become a prominent star of the TV industry through her Golden Globe Award-nominated work in the HBO series, Insecure. Now moving away from her professional career, Issa Rae has been in a relationship with businessman Louis Diame for years now while the couple officially announced their engagement in 2019.
Issa Rae Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Jo-Issa Rae Diop
- Nicknames: Joissa
- Date of Birth: January 12, 1985
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actress, Writer, Web Series Creator
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Issa Rae Body Measurements Height Weight Bra Size Facts
Issa Rae Family Details:
- Father: Abdoulaye Diop (Neonatologist)
- Mother: Delyna Hayward (Teacher)
- Siblings: She has four siblings.
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: None
Issa Rae Relationships History:
- Louis Diame – Businessman (2019)
Issa Rae Career Highlights:
- First Music Video: “Happy” by Pharrell Williams (2013)
- First Film: A Bitter Lime (2015)
- First TV Show: The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl (2011)
Issa Rae Distinctive Features:
- Fuller Lips
- Tall and slim physique
Issa Rae Body Measurements:
Listed below are the complete Issa Rae body measurements information including her weight, height, bra cup, and shoe size.
- Height in Feet: 5′ 9½”
- Height in Centimeters: 177 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 63 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 139 pounds
- Bra Size: Unknown
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
Issa Rae Interesting Facts:
- Her favorite book is “Waiting” by Ha Jin.
- In 2012, Forbes magazine named her among it’s “30 Under 30” list in the entertainment section.
- Her birth name, Jo-Issa, is actually a combination of her two grandmother’s names; Joyce and Isseu.
- She was initially thinking about going to a business or a law school but eventually dropped both ideas after Awkward Black Girl took-off.