Donatella Versace is an Italian businesswoman and fashion designer, born on 2nd May 1955 in Italy. She has three siblings, out of which her older brother Gianni founded the Versace in 1978. After the unfortunate death of her brother Gianni in 1997, Donatella took over the role of the company’s CEO and remained in the office till 2004. Now that Versace has been bought by Capri Holdings Limited, she now holds the position of chief innovative officer of Versace. The career of Donatella began in the fashion industry when she followed her brother into the field and started working for his designs in the 1970s. After her brother’s death, she took the leading role in the company and has gone on to emerge as one of the most prominent names of the fashion industry worldwide.
A major breakthrough in her career came in the year 2000 when she designed the renowned Green Versace dress for Jennifer Lopez, also recognized as the “Jungle-Dress”, worn by Jennifer Lopez at the 42nd Grammy Awards. Donatella also designed the resort in Australia named Palazzo Versace Australia, furnished Burj-ul-Arab in UAE, and design the second Palazzo Versace in Dubai. In recognition of her work and immense contributions to the industry, Donatella has received numerous awards such as the FGI Superstar Award and Fashion Icon of the Year Award. During 2012, Glamour magazine entitled her as Fashion Designer of the Year while in 2018, she received the Fashion Icon Award at Berlin.
Now looking into her personal life, Versace and her previous husband Paul Beck has two children together, their daughter Allegra Versace Beck and son Daniel Versace. Outside fashion designing, her other recognitions include her appearances in films such as Zoolander and 2006 hit film The Devil Wears Prada. For her recognitions, she was also portrayed by Gina Gershon in the film House of Versace, and portrayed by Angelina Jolie in the movie The Man Who Killed Versace. Lady Gaga also wrote a song name Donatella for her in her 2013’s album.
Donatella Versace Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Donatella Francesca Latita Versace
- Nicknames: Donatella
- Date of Birth: May 2, 1955
- Birthplace: Reggio Calabria, Italy
- Nationality: Italian
- Occupation: Businesswoman, Fashion Designer
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Race/ Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Blonde
Donatella Versace Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
Donatella Versace Family Details:
- Father: Antonio Versace (Personal Financer)
- Mother: Francesca Versace
- Siblings: Tina Versace (Older Sister), Santo Versace and Gianni Versace (Older Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Manuel Dallori (m. 2004–2005), Paul Beck (m. 1983–2000)
- Children Name: Allegra Versace (Daughter), Daniel Versace (Son)
Donatella Versace Relationships History:
- Paul Beck (1983-2000)
- Manuel Dallori (2004-2005)
Donatella Versace Career Highlights:
- Vice President of Versace: 1978-1997
- CEO of Versace: 1997-2004
- First Film: Die Another Day (2002)
- First TV Show: Biography (2002)
Donatella Versace Distinctive Features:
- Fuller Lips
- Platinum Blonde Hair
Donatella Versace Body Measurements:
Given below is the list of fashion designer Donatella Versace height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements statistics.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5’ 2”
- Height in Centimeters: 157 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 59 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 130 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
Donatella Versace Interesting Facts:
- She is a feminist.
- While growing up, her ambition was to become a teacher.
- Her all-time favorite fashion designer is Karl Lagerfeld.
- She designed the iconic “Jungle Green” dress which was worn by Jennifer Lopez at the 42nd Grammy Awards.