A former reconnaissance officer in the Life Guards regiment of the British Army, James Blunt left the army in 2002 and then decided to pursue his childhood passion for music as a full-time career. He released his debut studio album “Back to Bedlam” in 2004 which then became the best-selling album of the 2000s in the United Kingdom. Led by the singles “Goodbye My Lover”, and “You’re Beautiful”, the album sold over 11 million copies worldwide and this huge success rapidly gained him a large fan following among the mainstream audience. Since then exceptional debut, James has continued to release fresh music in the form of albums, singles, and EPs, most of which have enjoyed great success at the international level, with many peaking over music charts in multiple countries.
Blunt’s fabulous work in the music industry has earned him prestigious accolades like Brit Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, and Ivor Novello Awards alongside multiple nominations for Grammy Awards. Now moving from his professional achievements to his personal life, James Blunt Is married to Sofia Wellesley and the couple has two sons together.
James Blunt Personal Details:
- Complete Name: James Hillier Blount
- Nicknames: Blunty
- Date of Birth: February 22, 1974
- Birthplace: Tidworth, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Singer
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Light Brown
James Blunt Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
James Blunt Family Details:
- Father: Colonel Charles Blount (Army Officer)
- Mother: Jane Ann Farran Blount
- Siblings: Emily Blount and Daisy Blount (Younger Sisters)
- Spouse Name: Sofia Wellesley (m. 2014)
- Children Name: He has two sons.
James Blunt Relationships History:
- Camilla Boler (2004-2006)
- Petra Nemcova – Model (2006-2007)
- Lindsay Lohan – Actress (2007)
- Jessica Sutta – Singer (2010)
- Sofia Wellesley – Socialite (2012)
James Blunt Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Back to Bedlam (2004)
- First TV Show: TRL Italy (2005)
James Blunt Distinctive Features:
- Messy hairstyle
James Blunt Body Measurements:
The British singer James Blunt height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete details are as following:
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5’ 8”
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 74 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 163 pounds
- Chest Size: 41 inches
- Waist Size: 35 inches
- Arms/ Biceps Size: 15 inches
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
James Blunt Interesting Facts:
- While growing up, he took violin and piano lessons.
- Carrie Fisher and Ed Sheeran are the godparents of his elder son.
- As a British Army member, he served under NATO during the 1999 Kosovo War.
- His debut studio album “Back to Bedlam”, was the UK’s best-selling album of the 2000s.