George Alan O’Dowd, better known as Boy George is an English singer, songwriter, fashion designer and photographer born on 14th June 1961. He earned recognition and success as the lead singer of the Brit and Grammy Award winning pop band Culture Club. The band released their debut album, Kissing to Be Clever in 1982. The album spawned several hit singles including Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? and Time. Their second album was Colour By Numbers which as well received critical acclaim and hit number two in the US. Since then, Culture Club released numerous successful albums such as Waking Up with the House on Fire and From Luxury to Heartache. After the dissolution of the band in 1986, George began his solo career and released his first solo album, Sold in 1987. Later on, Boy George formed his own record label, More Protein and started recording under the name Jesus Loves You. In the early 1990s, he released various underground hits such as Bow Down Mister and After the Love.
Upcoming years brought more success to him and he released several albums such as Cheapness and Beauty, Ordinary Alien and This Is What I Do. George music is mostly classifies as blue-eyed soul which is inspired by rhythm and blues. More recently, he has released few music recordings, splitting his time between designing clothes, songwriting and photography. In his personal life, Boy George was in a relationship with Kirk Brandon and Jon Moss. In 2006, he declared that he was militantly gay.
Boy George Personal Details:
- Complete Name: George Alan O’Dowd
- Nicknames: Boy George
- Date of Birth: 14 June 1961
- Birthplace: Eltham, London, England, United Kingdom
- Occupation: Singer, DJ, Fashion Designer
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Boy George Height Weight Body Measurements Shoe Size Age Ethnicity
Boy George Family Details:
- Father: Jeremiah O’Dowd
- Mother: Dinah O’Dowd
- Siblings: Siobhan O’Dowd (Sister), Gerald O’Dowd, David O’Dowd, Richard O’Dowd, Kevin O’Dowd and Jeremiah O’Dowd (Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: None
Boy George Career Highlights:
- Debut Album with Culture Club: Kissing to Be Clever (1982)
- Debut Solo Album: Sold (1987)
Boy George Body Measurements:
Listed below are the complete singer Boy George body measurements including his height, weight, chest, waist, biceps and shoe size.
- Height in Feet: 6′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 183 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 86 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 190 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 11 (US)
- Body Measurements: N/a
Boy George Interesting Facts:
- Boy George is also a photographer.
- He is known for his androgynous fashion.
- George loved going to the Warren Street Squat in London.
- Boy George earned recognition as the lead singer of band Culture Club.
- Malcolm McLaren discovered him and convinced him to join up with Bow Wow Wow.