Shonda Rhimes is a popular American producer, screenwriter, and author. She is eminent for creating famous TV shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and Bridgerton. She was born in Chicago, Illinois. Rhimes completed her early education at Marian Catholic High School after that she attained a bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College in English major. Since she was in college she had a writing passion in her. She wrote fiction plays for the college level and also has written for the college newspapers. She officially graduated from the University of South California in screenwriting. Before she got worldwide recognition, she worked as an intern in Hollywood, doing different odd jobs to make her ends meet.
She wrote her first HBO movie ‘Introducing Dorothy Dandrige’ which earned many awards. Following this, she wrote ‘Crossroads’ which became a blockbuster earning more than $60million worldwide. In 2005, Rhimes wrote and produced her breakthrough series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ which was based on a hospital setup. After that, she made Private Practice, Off the Map, Scandal, The Catch, and Bridgerton. Her writing and direction career is expanded with perfection and hard work. Now moving from her professional career to her personal life, Shonda Rhimes is the mother to three daughters. Two of them are adopted and the remaining one is via gestational surrogacy.
Shonda Rhimes Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Shonda Lynn Rhimes
- Nicknames: Shonda
- Date of Birth: January 13, 1970
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: TV Producer and Writer
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Religion: Protestant Christian
- Race/ Ethnicity: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Shonda Rhimes Height Weight Shoe Size Measurements Vital Stats
Shonda Rhimes Family Details:
- Father: Vera P. Cain
- Mother: Ilee Rhimes, Jr. (College Professor)
- Siblings: Carter Rhimes (Older Brother), Sandie Rhimes (Older Sister)
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: Emerson Pearl Rhimes, Beckett Rhimes, Harper Rhimes (Daughters)
Shonda Rhimes Relationships History:
- She hasn’t been in a romantic relationship so far.
Shonda Rhimes Career Highlights:
- Well-known Projects: Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Bridgerton
- First Memoir: Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand in the Sun, and Be Your Own Person (2015)
Shonda Rhimes Distinctive Features:
- Infectious smile
Shonda Rhimes Body Measurements:
Listed below are Shonda Rhimes height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete statistics.
- Build: Large
- Height in Feet: 5’ 6”
- Height in Centimeters: 168 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 74 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 163 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 10.5 (US)
- Body Measurements: 37-30-38
Shonda Rhimes Interesting Facts:
- She has been on TV for almost two decades.
- Shonda is the producer of famous TV shows like Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, and Bridgerton.
- In 2021, Time magazine named her among the 100 most influential people in the world.
- She has two adopted daughters. In 2013, she welcomed her third daughter via gestational surrogacy.