Dame Julie Andrews is one of the legendary artists of the entertainment industry with a career spread over seven decades. Her professional journey began as a child singer and actress in the late-40s. Starting her career through the stage, her initial rise to fame came with Broadway musicals like Eliza Doolittle, and My Fair Lady. At the beginning of the 60s, Julie decided to move towards on-screen work and straightway gained massive success with an Academy Award-winning performance in her debut feature film, Mary Poppins. Since that glorious debut, Andrews has gone on to become a role model figure in the entertainment industry.
With a career spanning more than seven decades, she holds numerous blockbuster projects to her on-screen and distinguishing accolades to her credits. Alongside acting, Julie is a well-accomplished author too with multiple autobiographies and children’s books published under her name. Now lastly coming towards the personal life of Andrews, she has gotten married twice in her life. First, her marriage to set designer Tony Walton lasted from 1959 to 1968, and then she married director Blake Edwards in 1969 and they remained together under his death in 2010.
Julie Andrews Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Julia Elizabeth Wells
- Nicknames: Jules
- Date of Birth: October 1, 1935
- Birthplace: Walton-on-Thames, United Kingdom
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Actress, Author, Singer
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Light Brown
Julie Andrews Height Weight Shoe Size Measurements Family
Julie Andrews Family Details:
- Father: Edward Charles Wells (Teacher)
- Mother: Barbara Ward Wells (Pianist)
- Siblings: Christopher Stuart (Brother), Celia Wells (Sister)
- Spouse Name: Blake Edwards (m. 1969–2010), Tony Walton (m. 1959–1967)
- Children Name: Emma Walton Hamilton, Amy Edwards, and Joanna Edwards (Daughters)
Julie Andrews Relationships History:
- Tony Walton – Set Designer (1959-1967)
- Blake Edwards – Filmmaker (1969-2010)
Julie Andrews Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Friml, Stothart: Rose-Marie (1950)
- First Film: Mary Poppins (1964)
- First TV Show: Rooftop Rendezvous (1948)
Julie Andrews Distinctive Features:
- Sculpted Nose
- Arched Eyebrows
Julie Andrews Body Measurements:
The following list contains actress Julie Andrews height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete information.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 8″
- Height in Centimeters: 173 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 128 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 8 (US)
Julie Andrews Interesting Facts:
- She was conceived as a result of her mother’s affair with a family friend.
- She had to undergo throat surgery which resulted in the loss of her singing voice.
- Over the course of her career, she has received prestigious accolades like Primetime Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Grammy Awards, and Academy Awards.