Sam Heughan is a Scottish actor and entrepreneur known for starring in several successful films and television shows, such as Outlander, The Spy Who Dumped Me, and Doctors. He was born in the historic county of Dumfries and Galloway. His parents named him after a character from The Lord of Rings because they were heavily influenced by the series. Heughan began his career by acting in the play Outlying Islands in the early-2000s. As the play was on aired at Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh and later in London so he got a lot of appreciation for his brilliant work in the play. In 2004, he made his professional acting debut on television by playing a part in the Miniseries Island at War.
Ever since, the actor has played a variety of roles in several TV series, such as Doctors, and Outlander. His award-winning and the most eminent role as Jamie Fraser in Outlander has gotten huge praise. Moreover, Heughan has starred in a number of movies too, including The Spy Who Dumped Me, Bloodshot, and SAS: Red Notice. Alongside acting, he is the author of a best seller book too, titled Clanlands: Whisky, Warfare, and a Scottish Adventure like No Other. Alongside this, Sam is a philanthropist as well. He has always supported his Nation’s struggles whenever needed. He actively participates in charity programs to raise money for the needy and for providing health treatments to the people.
Sam Heughan Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Sam Roland Heughan
- Nicknames: Sam
- Date of Birth: April 30, 1980
- Birthplace: Balmaclellan, United Kingdom
- Nationality: Scottish
- Occupation: Actor, Author, Entrepreneur
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus
- Religion: Anglican
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde (Natural)
Sam Heughan Height Weight Shoe Size Measurements Family
Sam Heughan Family Details:
- Father: Unknown
- Mother: Chrissie Heughan (Artist)
- Siblings: Cirdan Heughan (Brother)
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: None
Sam Heughan Relationships History:
- Amy Shiels – Actress (2013, 2018)
- Cody Kennedy – Actress (2014)
- Caitriona Balfe – Actress (2014)
- Mackenzie Mauzy – Actress (2017-2018)
Sam Heughan Career Highlights:
- Theatre Debut: Outlying Islands (2002)
- First Film: Young Alexander the Great (2010)
- First TV Show: Island at War (2004)
Sam Heughan Distinctive Features:
- Blonde hair color
- Long and wavy hairstyle
Sam Heughan Body Measurements:
The following list contains actor Sam Heughan height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurement statistics.
- Build: Athletic
- Height in Feet: 6′ 2½”
- Height in Centimeters: 189 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 87 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 192 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 13 (US)
Sam Heughan Interesting Facts:
- He is a runner and a triathlete.
- Sam loves wearing a Kilt, a part of the Scottish Highland Dress.
- His parents named him after a Lord of Rings character.
- Heughan auditioned for the hit series Game of Thrones seven times.