Matthew Robert Smith is an English actor born on 28th October 1982. Smith is best known for his role as the Eleventh Doctor in the BBC series Doctor Who. For which he received a BAFTA Award nomination in 2011. Initially, he had planned to be a professional football player but a serious back injury ruined his career. Later on, Matt drama teacher introduced him to acting and after leaving school, he studied drama and creative writing at the University of East Angila. Smith made his debut in the television by starring in the BBC adaptations of the Sally Lockhart quartet books The Shadow in the North and The Ruby in the Smoke. He earned his first major television role in the series Party Animals as Danny Foster. His breakthrough came in by appearing as Eleventh Doctor in the television series Doctor Who. Along with television, Smith as well starred in several films such as Womb, Bert and Dickie and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Throughout his career, he won numerous accolades and nominations including National Television Award and SFX Award. In his personal life, Matt Smith dated model Daisy Lowe but the couple separated in 2011. Afterwards, he began dating actress Lily James in 2015.
Matt Smith Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Matthew Robert Smith
- Nicknames: Matt Smith
- Date of Birth: 28 October 1982
- Birthplace: Northampton, England
- Occupation: Actor
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Matt Smith Height Weight Body Measurements Shoe Size
Matt Smith Family Details:
- Father: David Smith
- Mother: Lynne Smith
- Siblings: Laura Jayne Smith
- Spouse Name: Unmarried
- Children Name: None
Matt Smith Relationships History:
- Daisy Lowe (Model)
- Lily James (Actress) – 2015
Matt Smith Career Highlights:
- Stage Debut: Murder in the Cathedral (2003)
- First Film: Womb (2010)
- First TV Show: The Ruby in the Smoke (2006)
Matt Smith Body Measurements:
Given below are the complete actor Matt Smith body measurements details such as his height, weight, chest, waist, biceps and shoe size.
- Height in Feet: 6′ 0″
- Height in Centimeters: 182 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 72 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 158 pounds
- Chest Size: 40 inches
- Waist Size: 30 inches
- Arms/ Biceps Size: 14 inches
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 10 (US)
Matt Smith Interesting Facts:
- His first passion was to become a footballer.
- Smith is an avid supporter of Blackburn Rovers F.C.
- The actor has cited his favorite band, Radiohead as an inspiration.
- Matt was the youngest actor to play the Doctor when he was cast at age 26.