Michelle Yeoh is a well-known Malaysian artist who is first known by Michelle Khan in her early days. Yeoh was born to a Malaysian Chinese family on 6th August 1962, her father Yeoh Kian-teik was a well-known politician. Looking into her early years, she was always interested in ballet dancing and got admitted to Main Convent Ipoh. Her family moved to the UK when she was fifteen and was enrolled in boarding school. After that Yeoh studied at the Royal Academy of Dance in the UK, London with her major subject in ballet but her spinal injury couldn’t allow her to pursue her career as a dancer so she moved towards other arts. Later, she accomplished her degree with a major in creative arts and a minor in drama.
Before her appearance in television or films she first took part in the Miss World contest in 1983 representing Malaysia and also won Miss International Tourism Quest in Australia. She has pursued a long career majorly in action films and is known for performing her own stunts. Some of her biggest hits include Tomorrow Never Dies, Police Story 3: Supercop, Crazy Rich Asians, and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. While on the small screen, she has done very limited work with the most noteworthy ones being the Star Trek: Discovery series. Now as for her personal life, Michelle Yeoh was previously married to businessman Dickson Poon while has been in a long-term relationship with Motor racing executive Jean Todt.
Michelle Yeoh Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Yeoh Choo-Kheng
- Nicknames: Michelle
- Date of Birth: August 6, 1962
- Birthplace: Ipoh, Malaysia
- Nationality: Malaysian
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Religion: Buddhist
- Race/ Ethnicity: Asian
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Michelle Yeoh Height Weight Shoe Size Body Measurements Stats
Michelle Yeoh Family Details:
- Father: Yeoh Kian Teik (MCA Politician)
- Mother: Janet Yeoh (Lawyer)
- Siblings: Robert Yeoh and Lam Hoe Yeoh (Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Dickson Poon (m. 1988–1991)
- Children Name: None
Michelle Yeoh Relationships History:
- Dickson Poon – Entrepreneur (1988–1992)
- Jean Todt – Motorsport Executive (2004–Present)
Michelle Yeoh Career Highlights:
- First Film: The Owl vs Bombo (1984)
- First TV Show: The Rosie O’Donnell Show (1996)
Michelle Yeoh Distinctive Features:
- Long rounded chin
- Often wears glasses
Michelle Yeoh Body Measurements:
Given below are the actress Michelle Yeoh height, weight, shoe size, and other body measurements complete details.
- Build: Slim
- Height in Feet: 5′ 4″
- Height in Centimeters: 163 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 58 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 128 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 5 (US)
Michelle Yeoh Interesting Facts:
- She is a Buddhist.
- In 1983, she won the title of Miss Malaysia.
- Her surname is pronounced “Yo”.
- Growing up, she took ballet training classes.
- For years, she has remained the highest-paid actress in Asia.
- Being multilingual, she can speak Cantonese, Malay, and English.
- She is trained in martial arts and prefers to perform her own stunts.