Meryl Streep is an American actress born on June 22, 1949. She is considered as the greatest film actress of all time. Meryl began her acting career from theatre play called The Playboy of Seville and later on she moved towards big screen debut. In 1977, Streep made her film debut from the movie Julia in which she had appeared for a minor role. Meryl Streep received breakthrough from the film The Deer Hunter and also earned the nomination of Academy Award against this film. Afterwards, Streep worked in numerous movies and gained international fame and success. These movies included Silkwood, Holocaust, Doubt, The Iron Lady and Into the Woods. Several nominations and awards were given to her to honor Meryl’s acting abilities including Golden Globe Awards, Academy Awards and BAFTA Awards. In addition to that, Streep was also bestowed with AFI Life Achievement Award and Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Moreover, Meryl is as well recognized for her philanthropic work. She donated her large amount of money for different purposes and also established scholarships for students. As for her in personal life, Meryl Streep was in a relationship with actor John Cazale until his death from lung cancer. After that, she married to Sculptor Don Gummer and the couple has four children together.
Meryl Streep Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Mary Louise Streep
- Nicknames: Meryl Streep
- Date of Birth: June 22, 1949
- Birthplace: Summit, New Jersey, U.S.
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Blonde
Meryl Streep Family Details:
- Father: Harry William Streep, Jr.
- Mother: Mary Wolf Wilkinson
- Siblings: Dana Streep, Hary Streep, Jr.,
- Spouse: Don Gummer (m. 1978)
- Children: Mamie Gummer, Louisa Jacobson Gummer, Grace Gummer, Henry Wolfe
Meryl Streep Career Highlights:
- First Film: Julia
- First TV Show: Secret Service
Meryl Streep Body Measurements:
Given below are actress Meryl Streep body measurements including her weight, height, bra and shoe size.
- Height: 5′ 6″ (1.68 m)
- Weight: 63 kg (140 lbs)
- Bra Size: 34B
- Shoe Size: 9 (US)
- Body Measurements: 34-26-36
Meryl Streep Interesting Facts:
- The actress has a fear of helicopters.
- Meryl Streep took singing lessons at the age of 12 in order to become an opera singer.
- Streep’s original dream was to become a lawyer but she missed the interview for law school.