Joan Collins is a British actress, author, and columnist recognized for being one of the most talented and acclaimed artists in the entertainment world. She was born in Paddington, London, and was raised in Maida Vale. Joan attended Francis Holland School and later trained as an actress at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. As Collin’s father was a theatrical booking agent so taking the advantage she made her stage debut at the early age of nine. In her late teens, she started her on-screen acting by playing minor roles in British films like ‘Lady Godiva Rides Again’, ‘The Women’s Angel’ and ‘Judgment Deferred’. Collins had beautiful facial features because of this she was often offered roles of sultry and seductive women in B-films. After playing small and supporting roles in the films for decades, she gave her breakthrough performance in the prime TV drama ‘Dynasty’.
Despite her hard-working nature and efforts, she was unable to get mainstream roles in Hollywood for many years. But once her career gained momentum, she has gone on to star in many major budget projects. For her various fabulous performances, the actress has received many accolades, such as Golden Globe Award, People’s Choice Award, and Primetime Emmy Award. In addition to acting, Collins is also notably known for philanthropic work, especially her advocacy for children-related causes. Now coming to her personal life, Joan Collins has gotten married five times and has three children with two of those marriages.
Joan Collins Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Joan Henrietta Collins
- Nicknames: Joan
- Date of Birth: May 23, 1933
- Birthplace: Paddington, London, United Kingdom
- Nationality: British
- Occupation: Actress, Author, Columnist
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Brunette
Joan Collins Body Measurements Height Weight Shoe Size Vital Stats
Joan Collins Family Details:
- Father: Joseph William Collins (Deceased)
- Mother: Elsa Bessant
- Siblings: William Collins Jr. (Younger Brother), Jackie Collins (Younger Sister) (Deceased)
- Spouse Name: Percy Gibson (m. 2002), Peter Holm (m. 1985–1987), Ronald S. Kass (1972-1983), Anthony Newley (1963-1971), Maxwell Reed (1952-1956)
- Children Name: Tara Newley and Katyana Kennedy Kass (Daughters), Alexander Newley (Son)
Joan Collins Relationships History:
- Maxwell Reed – Actor (1952-1956)
- Anthony Newley – Actor (1963-1971)
- Ronald S. Kass – Businessman (1972-1983)
- Peter Holm – Singer (1985-1987)
- Percy Gibson – Producer (2002-Present)
Joan Collins Career Highlights:
- First Film: Bikini Baby (1951)
- First TV Show: Perry Como’s Kraft Music Hall (1955)
Joan Collins Distinctive Features:
- Seductive deep voice
- Natural brunette hair
Joan Collins Body Measurements:
The English actress Joan Collins body measurements statistics are listed below, including her height, weight, shoe size, and vital stats.
- Build: Voluptuous
- Height in Feet: 5′ 6¼”
- Height in Centimeters: 168 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 66 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 145 pounds
- Feet/ Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Joan Collins Interesting Facts:
- She has gotten married five times.
- The actress is allergic to shellfish.
- Collins made her stage debut at the age of nine.
- She published her autobiography, Past Imperfect, in 1978.
- Her first husband Maxwell Reed tried to sell her to an Arab Sheik for £10,000.