Mel Gibson is one of the most successful actors in the history of Hollywood having starred in a large number of blockbuster movies during the course of his career. Although he started his on-screen career in the mid-70s but wasn’t until early 1980s that he rose to stardom as a versatile actor. Although the list of movies in which he has starred in or directed is really long but some of the most notable ones are Braveheart, Gallipoli, The Passion of the Christ and Hacksaw Ridge along with the Mad Max and Lethal Weapon film series. Now moving towards the off-camera life of the actor, Mel Gibson was married to dental nurse Robyn Moore from 1980 to 2011 and the couple has seven children together, including one daughter and six sons. Although they officially divorced in 2011, the couple had originally separated in 2006 and Mel since then has gone on to have short-lived relationships with several other women.
Mel Gibson Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Mel Colmcille Gerard Gibson
- Nicknames: Mel
- Date of Birth: January 3, 1956
- Birthplace: Peekskill, New York, U.S.
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor, Filmmaker
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
Mel Gibson Height Weight Body Measurements Shoe Size Facts
Mel Gibson Family Details:
- Father: Hutton Gibson (Writer, World War II Veteran)
- Mother: Anne Patricia (Housewife)
- Siblings: Mary Bridget Gibson, Anne Gibson, Sheila Gibson, Maura Gibson and Patricia Gibson (Sisters), Kevin Gibson, Christopher Gibson, Andrew Gibson, Donal Gibson and Daniel Gibson (Brothers)
- Spouse Name: Robyn Moore Gibson (m. 1980–2011)
- Children Name: He has eight sons and one daughter.
Mel Gibson Relationships History:
- Robyn Moore – Dental Nurse (1977-2006)
- Oksana Grigorieva – Pianist (2008-2010)
- Violet Kowal (2007-2009)
- Rosalind Ross – Screenwriter (2014)
Mel Gibson Career Highlights:
- First Film: Summer City (1977)
- First TV Show: The Sullivans (1976)
Mel Gibson Distinctive Features:
- Blue Eyes
- Intense Persona
- Rich, Gravely Voice
Mel Gibson Body Measurements:
Actor Mel Gibson height, weight, chest, waist, biceps, shoe size, and other body measurements statistics complete details are listed below.
- Height in Feet: 5′ 9¾”
- Height in Centimeters: 177 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 98 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 216 pounds
- Chest Size: 46 inches
- Waist Size: 36 inches
- Arms/ Biceps Size: 15 inches
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
Mel Gibson Interesting Facts:
- He has a horseshoe kidney.
- Mel suffers from bipolar disorder.
- Some of his favorite movies are Double Indemnity, Spartacus, and The Big Country.
- He turned down the opportunity to play the role of James Bond in the 1995 film, GoldenEye.
- Gibson was considered for the iconic role of Wolverine in X-Men (2000) but was estimated to be too expensive.