One of the most popular and successful mixed martial artists of all-time, Khabib Nurmagomedov currently fights in the Lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). As a child, he first started training in wrestling under the supervision of his father, who himself is an Army veteran and a decorated athlete. As he grew up, his father continued adding different martial arts to his training including judo and combat sambo. Khabib made his professional MMA debut in 2008 and while continuing to wrap-up victories there, he also represented Russia in the Combat Sambo world championships and won a gold medal twice. After a dominant run at various regional circuits, he joined the world’s largest MMA promotion UFC in 2011. There, Nurmagomedov continued his impressive performances and despite facing several setbacks related to weight-cut and injuries, he finally managed to capture the UFC Lightweight Championship at UFC 223 via unanimous decision victory over Al laquinta.
With this win, he became the first-ever Muslim fighter to win a UFC title. He later defended his title in mega fights against Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier, both of which he won comprehensively. With him competing at the highest levels of the sport and still being undefeated, many critics see him as one of the top pound-for-pound mixed martial artists in the world right now.
Khabib Nurmagomedov Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Khabib Abdulmanapovich Nurmagomedov
- Nicknames: The Eagle
- Date of Birth: September 20, 1988
- Birthplace: Sildi, Dagestan ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
- Nationality: Russian
- Occupation: Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Religion: Islam
- Race/ Ethnicity: White
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Khabib Nurmagomedov Height Weight Body Measurements Facts
Khabib Nurmagomedov Family Details:
- Father: Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov (Mixed Martial Arts
- Mother: Unknown
- Siblings: Amina Nurmagomedov (Younger Sister), Magomed Nurmagomedov (Older Brother)
- Spouse Name: He got married in 2013 but his wife’s name is not known.
- Children Name: He has one son and one daughter.
Khabib Nurmagomedov Career Highlights:
- MMA Debut: 2008
- UFC Debut: 2012
- Weight Division: Lightweight
- Stance: Orthodox
- Fighting Style: Judo, Wrestling, Combat Sambo
Khabib Nurmagomedov Distinctive Features:
- Short Trimmed Hairdo
- Often wears a Papakha Hat
Khabib Nurmagomedov Body Measurements:
UFC Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov height, weight, chest, waist, biceps, shoe size and other body measurements stats are listed below.
- Build: Athletic
- Height in Feet: 5’ 10”
- Height in Centimeters: 178 cm
- Weight in Kilogram: 70 kg
- Weight in Pounds: 154 pounds
- Reach Size: 70 inches (178 cm)
- Chest Size: 40 inches
- Waist Size: 33 inches
- Arms/ Biceps: 15 inches
- Feet/ Shoe Size: Unknown
Khabib Nurmagomedov Interesting Facts:
- Khabib holds a black belt in Judo.
- He is a two-time Combat Sambo World Champion.
- In 2018, he became the first-ever Muslim fighter to win a UFC title.
- With zero losses as a professional fighter, he holds the longest active undefeated streak in mixed martial arts.