Taylor Alison Swift is an American country pop singer and songwriter who was born in Reading, Pennsylvania on December 13, 1989. Taylor Swift became interested in music at the age of 9 and soon started participating in various local singing events. In order to pursue her dream of becoming a musician, she often used to visit the country’s musical capital Nashville, Tennessee before finally moving to Nashville permanently with her family at the age of 14.
Taylor Swift began her professional musical career in 2006 when she released her first single, “Tim McGraw”. Later in same year, Swift released her self-titled debut album which became pretty popular and sold over 2.5 million copies. The album received positive reviews from critics and established Taylor as the upcoming star in the music industry. Taylor Swift went on to release her second album “Fearless” in 2008 which gained huge success worldwide. The album reached the top position on both pop and country music charts and earned Swift 4 Grammy Awards including Album of the Year. Her later two albums, “Speak Now” and “Red” have also been a hit just like her previous albums.
Overall, Taylor Swift has sold over 26 million albums worldwide and has received several awards for her work till now including 7 Grammy and 12 Billboard Music Awards. Along with singing, Taylor has also shown her acting talent through appearances in few films and TV programs including Valentine’s Day, New Girl and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Apart from her professional career, Swift has also been a pretty active philanthropist. She has donated money to several charities on different occasions along with being involved in various awareness campaigns. In her personal life, the country music star’s list of relationships is quite a long one. Her most notable relationships have been with Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer and Conor Kennedy.
Taylor Swift Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Taylor Alison Swift
- Nicknames: Swifty, Tay, T-Swizzle
- Occupation: Singer
- Date of Birth: December 13, 1989
- Birthplace: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 5′ 9½” (1.77 m)
- Net worth: $200 Million
Taylor Swift Favorite Color, Movie, Animal and other Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, Writing, Waterskiing, Partying, Traveling
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Food: Japanese, Chinese, Fast Food
- Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Hunger Games
- Favorite Perfume: Wonderstruck, Escada Moon Sparkle, Perfumes by Gwen Stefani and Lollia
- Favorite Music: Rihanna, Dolly Parton, Patsy Cline, LeAnn Rimes, Shania Twain
- Favorite Movie: Love Actually
- Favorite TV Show: CSI, Law & Order
- Favorite Jeans: Skinny
- Favorite Designer: Ralph Lauren, Rebecca Taylor
- Favorite Actress: Gwyneth Paltrow
- Favorite Sports: Football, Volleyball
- Favorite Beauty Products: Lipstick, Nail Polish, Mascara
- Favorite Number: 13
- Favorite Season: Summer
- Favorite Animal: Cat, Horse
Taylor Swift Interesting Facts:
- If ever leaves the music industry, Taylor Swift would like to become a novelist.
- One of Taylor Swift’s music influences includes her grandmother who was a professional opera singer.