One of the most famous actresses in the world, Scarlett Johansson was born in New York on November 22, 1984. She belongs to a famous and educated family. Her mother was a producer while her Grandfather also did work as Screenwriter and Director. Johansson was engrossed in acting from her babyhood. She appeared on screen when she was just 8 years old. She studied in a private educational institution “Manhattan’s Professional Children School”.
In 1994, Johansson performed in her first film named, “North”. Later on, “Lost in Translation” was one of blockbuster by Johansson. In this movie, she played the role of a female who went Tokyo for visit but get into the relationship with an older man. She acted impressively in this movie and got huge praise from audience. In another film named “Girl with pearl Earring”, Johansson also played marvelously. Her realistic expressions made her famous all over the world. In 2006, she acted in “The Black Dahlia” directed by Brian De Palma that also got appreciation. Afterwards, her luck and acting talent made all the ways easy for her and she gave another hit in 2007. Her film named, “The Nanny Diaries” directed by Woody Allen also did great business. Scarlett Johansson has appeared in several more films since then out of which the most notable ones are Under the Skin, Don Jon, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Lucy etc.
Side by side Johansson also wrote many tracks for recording that she normally likes to sing. In 2008, her first album got released named, “Anywhere I Lay My Head”. There were several songs covered in this album by her. In 2009, she performed in a drama named, “A View from the Bridge opposite Live Schrieber”. Renowned producers and directors admire Johansson for her brilliant acting skills. She also won “Tony Award” for her distinguish acting. In 2010, she showed her marvelous acting skills in “Iron Man 2”. In 2012, another film “the Avengers” offered a great chance to her to show her talent. No doubt, her acting made this movie another hit. In the same year, she appeared in “Hitchcock” that was based on real life story. Johansson acting potential made this movie a great success. It was a horror classic psycho type movie.
In 2008, Scarlett Johansson got married with Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds in Columbia but their marriage didn’t lasted for long time and the couple filed divorced after two years of their marriage. Later on, she dated a few more men including actor Sean Penn and advertising executive Nate Naylor before getting engaged to the owner of an independent advertising agency, Roman Dauriac in 2013. The couple now has a daughter named, Rose Dorothy.
Scarlett Johansson Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Scarlett Johansson
- Nicknames: Scar-Jo
- Occupation: Actress, Model
- Date of Birth: November 22, 1984
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, U.S.
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Net worth: $55 million
- Height: 5′ 3″ (1.60 m)
Scarlett Johansson Favorite Books, Food and other Favorite Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Acting, Shopping, Music
- Favorite Color: Red
- Favorite Food: Buffalo Wings
- Favorite Book: Marjorie Morningstar, Summer Crossing, The Catcher in the Rye
- Favorite Perfume: Rose the One Perfume from Dolce & Gabbana
- Favorite Music: Tom Waits, Miles Davis, Nina Simone, Duke Ellington, Edith Piaf
- Favorite Song: “Burma Shave” by Tom Waits
- Favorite Movie: Heat (1995), Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971), Mean Streets (1973).
- Favorite actor/Actress: Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep
- Favorite Designer: Marc Jacobs, Chanel, and Gucci
- Favorite Makeup Products: Eucerin Body Lotion, Dolce & Gabbana Secret Eyes Mascara, Dolce & Gabbana Classic Cream Lipsticks, L’Occitane Lavender Foaming Bath
Interesting Facts about Scarlett Johansson:
- She was born 3 minutes earlier than her twin brother.
- Scarlett started smoking at the age of 15.
- Scarlett Johansson is left-handed.