Johnny Depp is an award nominated artist for his famous film, Pirates of the Caribbean. He was born in summers on June 9, 1963. His father was a civil engineer while mother was a waitress and homemaker. Johnny was the youngest child in his family. His family moved to Florida because of his father’s job when he was 7 years old. In childhood, Depp locked himself in the room and used to play guitar for hours to feel stress free. Johnny’s parents got divorced in 1978, when he was only 15 years old. He used to go to his father’s office to pick up the weekly child support money that caused a rift between father and son. Depp joined a band at the age of 16 named, “The Kids”. In 1963, Johnny Depp started his career from the movie named Nightmare on Elm Street. He was also studying about acting side by side. Afterwards, he got another opportunity to show his talent in a television show named 21 Jump Street. He became famous for his darker roles in films like Sleep Hollow and Alice in Wonderland in 2010.
At the age of 20, Depp met Lori Allison and fell in love with her. After sometimes, he got married with Lori at the age of 25 and the couple moved to Los Angeles. Depp’s wife introduced him to actor, Nicolas Cage who saw potential in Depp and introduced him to the musician of Hollywood. After some years, Depp split from Allison and met Sherilyn Fenn on the set of Dummies movie in 1985. They both start dating each other but broke up after some time. After his break up with Sherilyn, Depp proposed to another actress, Jennifer Grey. Depp’s love story with Jennifer also lasted for only few years.
Depp succeeded in changing his image in 1990 and in the same year, he received one of biggest opportunities of his life to show his versatility as an actor in the Tim Burton’s Fantasy film named, “Edward Scissorhands” which became one of the most successful films, Johnny Depp has ever done. Depp also started flourishing and gaining popularity among people because of his talented personality. There are various distinguished roles that Depp has done like Sam in Benny & Joon, Gilbert in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape in 1993.
After few years, Depp met another French singer, model and actress named Vanessa Paradis. Later Paradis became pregnant and gave birth to a child. In 1999, the coupled welcomed their daughter named Lily Rose Melody Depp. Three years later, Vanessa gave birth to couple’s third child named John Christopher Depp. In 2012, rumors spread that Depp and Vanessa Paradis have got separated which proved to be true. The couple had spent 14 years of their life together happily. Recently, in 2015 Depp again married with actress Amber Heard but the two stars failed to manage their marriage for long and separated during 2016.
Johnny Depp Personal Details:
- Complete Name: John Christopher Depp II
- Nicknames: Colonel, Mr. Stench, Johnny Depp
- Occupation: Actor, Producer, Director, Musician
- Date of Birth: June 9, 1963
- Birthplace: Owensboro, Kentucky, U.S.
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Johnny Depp Favorite Color, Food, Music and other Things:
- Hobbies and Interests: Collecting dolls and Guns, Watching cartoons, Listening music, Playing guitar
- Favorite Color: Black
- Favorite Food: Mexican food
- Favorite Drinks: Blueberry & Ginger Bourbon Sour, Chateau Calon-Segur, Chateau Petrus,
- Favorite Book: The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson, ‘Ulysses’ by James Joyce
- Favorite Music: The Rolling Stones, Taraf de Haidouks
- Favorite TV Programme: The Fast Show, Doctor Who, Midsomer Murders,
- Favorite Film Roles: Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean), Edward Scissorhands (Edward Scissorhands)
- Favorite Pet: Bugs, Dog
Johnny Depp Interesting Facts:
- He is scared of spiders and clowns.
- Johnny Depp was allergic to chocolate in childhood.
- Depp started Smoking at the age of 12 while lost his virginity at 13.
- To pursue his career as a musician, he Dropped out of high school at the age of 16.