Fantasia Monique Barrino is an American singer, songwriter, author and actress born on June 30, 1984. Barrino began singing at early age because she belongs to a family where music runs in their blood. Her professional musical career started from the journey of American Idol. In 2004, Fantasia earned success and fame after winning the third season of American Idol. Later on, she released her debut single called I Believe which peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and gave her commercial success. In the same year, Barrino released her debut album Free Yourself which as well received critical acclaim and garnered her with three Grammy nominations. Her second album “Fantasia” released in 2006 and provided the hit single titled When I See U which gained the top position on Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart for consecutively eight weeks. In addition to that, she as well performed the part of Celie in the Broadway musical called The Color Purple for which Fantasia won a Theatre World Award in 2007. Barrino continued her journey of musical success by releasing her third studio album Back to Me in 2010 for which she also won a Grammy and huge appreciation.
Moreover, numerous accolades were given to her as a singer throughout her career such as Billboard Music Awards, American Music Awards and Grammy Award. As for her personal life is concerned, Fantasia Barrino dated several celebrities, at the age of sixteen she gave birth to her daughter with her ex-boyfriend Brandel Shouse. After that, Barrino was in a relationship with NFL player Michael Clayton, Young Dro and Antwuan Cook. In 2011, she gave birth to her second child named Dallas Xavier Barrino. Later on, in July 2015 Fantasia got married to a businessman Kendall Taylor.
Fantasia Barrino Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Fantasia Monique Barrino
- Nicknames: Fantasia Fantastic, Tasia
- Date of Birth: June 30, 1984
- Birthplace: High Point, North Carolina, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
Fantasia Barrino Family Details:
- Father: Joseph Barrino
- Mother: Diane Barrino
- Siblings: Ricco Barrino
- Spouse: Kendall Taylor (m. 2015)
- Children: Dallas Xavier Barrino, Zion Quari Barrino
Fantasia Barrino Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Free Yourself
- First Film: The Fantasia Barrino Story: Life is Not a Fairy Tale
- First TV Show: American Idol
Fantasia Barrino Body Measurements:
- Height: 5′ 7″ (170 cm)
- Weight: 58 kg (128 lbs)
- Bra Size: 36D
- Shoe Size:5 (US)
- Body Measurements: 36-26-34
Fantasia Barrino Interesting Facts:
- Fantasia is nicknamed “Baby Patti LaBelle” by her idol Patti LaBelle.
- Aretha Frankin, Tina Turner and Patti LaBelle are some of her musical influences.
- Being an author, she published a journal named “Life is Not a Fairy Tale” which became New York Times best seller.