Born on 13th October 1980, Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas is an American singer, record producer, songwriter, actress and dancer. She was interested in singing and acting since her childhood. Ashanti’s acting debut as a child was in Malcolm X. Later on, she worked in numerous TV series and films including Bride and Prejudice, Coach Carter, Army Wives and Law and Order1: SVU. But Ashanti earned fame and success most as a singer than an actress. Her self titled album released in 2002 which produced some hit singles including Foolish and Always on Time. This album makes her capable of winning her very first Grammy Award for best Contemporary R&B album. Afterwards, Ashanti released numerous albums such as Chapter II, The Declaration and Braveheart which as well received success and critical acclaim.
Besides singing, Ashanti as well a songwriter and has written massive amount of all her music. Philanthropically, Ashanti always participated and involved in charity work done for poor and needy people and has a history of supporting such good causes. As far as her personal life is concerned, Ashanti was in a relationship with a rapper Nelly but in 2012 they ended their nine year relationship.
Ashanti Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Ashanti Shequoiya Douglas
- Nicknames: Shani, Shany Bonnie
- Date of Birth: October 13, 1980
- Birthplace: Glen Cove, New York, U.S.
- Occupation: Singer, Dancer, Actress
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Black
Ashanti Family Details:
- Father: Ken-Kaide Thomas Douglas
- Mother: Tina Douglas
- Siblings: Kenashia Douglas
- Spouse: Unmarried
- Children: None
Ashanti Career Highlights:
- Debut Album: Ashanti
- First Film: Bride and Prejudice
- First TV Show: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
Ashanti Body Measurements:
Listed below are singer Ashanti body measurements.
- Height: 5′ 3″ (1.60 m)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
- Bra Size: 32B
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
- Dress Size: 6
- Body Measurements: 34-23-38
Ashanti Interesting Facts:
- Her nickname is Shani.
- Ashanti likes dancing, watching movies and singing.
- Ashanti cites Madonna, Whitney Houston, Tupac Shakur, Janet Jackson, Mary J. Blige and Prince as her musical influences.