Lionel Messi is an Argentine professional football player who was born on June 24, 1987. He currently plays as forward for Spanish club FC Barcelona and is also the current captain of Argentina national football team. After starting playing football at a very young age, Messi joined FC Barcelona to train at their youth academy and after seeing his highly impressive performances while playing for the junior team, he was selected for the senior club team. Since making his debut for FC Barcelona in 2003, Messi has stayed with the club and has now become the most successful player in the history of the club by winning several championships and setting several records.
In addition to a highly successful club career, Lionel Messi has also been a key player for the Argentina national team since making his debut back in 2005. Due to his outstanding career record and achievements, he is now widely considered as one of the most greatest players of all time. In his off-field life, Lionel Messi has been linked to a number of women so far including Macarena Lemos and Luciana Salazar but the footballer has now been in a relationship with Antonella Roccuzzo since 2008. The couple now has a son together named Thiago Messi, born in November, 2012.
Lionel Messi Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Lionel Andres Messi
- Nicknames: La Pulga, Messidona, Leo
- Occupation: Professional Soccer Player
- Date of Birth: June 24, 1987
- Birthplace: Rosario, Argentina
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer
- Net worth: $180 Million
Lionel Messi Family Details:
- Father Name: Jorge Horacio Messi
- Mother Name: Celia Maria Cuccittini
- Siblings: Rodrigo Messi, Maria Sol Messi, Matias Messi
- Partner: Antonella Roccuzzo
- Children: Thiago Messi
Lionel Messi Career Highlights:
- Debut for FC Barcelona: 2004
- Debut for Argentina National Team: 2005
Lionel Messi Body Measurements:
Given below are complete details about footballer Lionel Messi Body Measurements including his height, weight and shoe size.
- Height: 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
- Weight: 148 lbs (67 kg)
- Shoe Size: 10
Lionel Messi Interesting Facts:
- Messi was offered a place in Spain national football team but he refused.
- Lionel Messi’s international debut in 2005 lasted only for 47 seconds because he received a red card after coming on as a substitute.
- His first contract with FC Barcelona was detailed out on a paper napkin because the sporting director of the club was in a hurry of signing Lionel Messi but there was no paper available at that time.