The American actress and producer, Ellen Pompeo was born on November 10, 1969 to Kathleen and Joseph Pompeo. Ellen worked as a waitress in Miami for over two years before moving to New York City in order to pursue her career in the field of acting. Her acting debut came in 1995 with short film Do You Have the Time which was followed by her first television appearance in TV series Law & Order during 1996. Over the next couple of years, Ellen Pompeo kept working in both film as well as television industry but failed to earn any major success. But everything changed in 2005 when she was cast for the role of Dr. Meredith Grey in highly successful ABC medical drama series Grey’s Anatomy.
The series earned Ellen a lot of international fame and her outstanding performance in the lead role has been highly appreciated by the critics as well as fans. Grey’s Anatomy still continues to air and remains one of the most popular television shows. When it comes to the personal life of the actress, Ellen Pompeo has been married to music producer Chris Ivery since 2007 and the couple now has two daughters together.
Ellen Pompeo Personal Details:
- Complete Name: Ellen Kathleen Pompeo
- Nicknames: The Pencil
- Date of Birth: November 10, 1969
- Occupation: Actress
- Birthplace: Everett, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Light Brown
Ellen Pompeo Family Details:
- Father: Joseph Pompeo
- Mother: Kathleen Pompeo
- Siblings: Maureen Pompeo
- Spouse: Chris Ivery (m. 2007)
- Children: Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery, Sienna May Pompeo Ivery
Ellen Pompeo Career Highlights:
- First TV Show: Law & Order
- First Film: Do You Have the Time
Ellen Pompeo Body Measurements:
- Height: 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
- Weight: 57 kg (126 pounds)
- Bra Size: 34B
- Shoe Size: 9 (US)
- Dress Size: 6 (US)
- Body Measurements: 36-26-36
Ellen Pompeo Interesting Facts:
- The actress suffers from asthma.
- Prior to starting her career as an actress, Ellen worked as a waitress for over two years.
- Ellen Pompeo’s mother died due to painkiller overdose when she was just 4 year’s old.